Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PJD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 12:54 PM
    50mm solvent weld, plastic pipe fitting?
    I'm trying to add some pipe work to what I thought must be a 50mm Solvent Weld type Tee piece. But when I measured the internal diameter of the tee piece it is actually 55mm and the 50mm pipe I have just rattles around inside. I thought that waste pipe only came in 50mm, is there such a thing as 55mm diameter pipe? So it will fit snug enough for the adhesive to bond the plastics together?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Drainage pipes come in 38mm, 50mm,76mm,and 101mm. They do not come in 55mm. Buy another tee. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

"Just for Copper" cold weld [ 3 Answers ]

At Ace Hardware (and probably other places) there is an item called "Just For Copper" which comes in an Elmer's Glue like plastic bottle. It is a cold weld for copper pipes (brass too) under 2". I have used it in places where I am temporarily putting on an end cap on. It is easy to use since you...

Removing galv fitting from cast iron pipe [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove a threaded stuck lead fitting from a cast iron section? The fitting was from a lead sink drain pipe and it connected to the cast pipe at the toilet elbow. I tried a pipe wrench and a hammer to try to budge it but no go. I want to thread new PVC into the section of...

Can someone please identify this PVC fitting [ 3 Answers ]

Attached (I hope) is a picture of a fitting I am trying to identify. This fitting joins my PVC washing machine drain pipe to my copper soil pipe. I would like to know what it is called so I can buy another one without sounding like an idiot to the sales folks. Also, I am looking for application...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search