Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatgirl Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
    What Should I Do...
    Hi
    I started talking to this guy and I gave him my #. He called me a couple of times and we just talked about sports and stuff. Then he stopped calling me. Was it because I didn't talk about any "sexy" stuff? Should I call him? I really like him its just I have a problem getting close to people. Please help.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 14, 2006, 01:02 PM
    There could be a bajillion reasons he stopped and millions may have nothing at all to do with you! Don't second guess yourself (that can foster insecurity - ugh) and don't place so much attention on one tiny thing (that's the beginning of acting like you have no life- another ugh). Keep it in perspective. If you are the sort to call guys AND if you can risk running into a little rejection, then by all means... call! Tell him you wanted to see what's up (in a light casual way) because that is the truth and truth works well, okay?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl
    Hi
    i started talking to this guy and i gave him my #. he called me a couple of times and we just talked about sports and stuff. then he stopped calling me. was it b/c i didnt talk about any "sexy" stuff? should i call him? i really like him its just i have a problem getting close to people. please help.
    Call him back to see how he's been doing. I agree with Val don't take it personally. He called you so now you call him... and be casual its not like your married so no drama. Keep it lite ask him about the games this last weekend or something like that.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Hi
    i started talking to this guy and i gave him my #. he called me a couple of times and we just talked about sports and stuff. then he stopped calling me. was it b/c i didnt talk about any "sexy" stuff? should i call him? i really like him its just i have a problem getting close to people. please help.
    I was just going to say the same- call him and see what happens. He may be holding back because he doesn't want to seem like a stalker by being the caller every time.

I wouldn't talk about sexy stuff with someone you just met- may send the wrong message. If you are not comfortable talking that way, you shouldn't. Just be yourself.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Was it because I didn't talk about any "sexy" stuff? Should I call him?

I have no idea of what he might have said to you but if he did start talking to you about sexy stuff and you did not respond then it could be that he did not care for you but did want to engage you in so sexual conversation. If that had happened and you responded the way he wanted you to I have an idea that he would still be calling you. Some guys are like that.
    Don't judge yourself because some guys don't call you. Even you meet them and they seem to like you that does not mean that he is wanting to start dating you. There is a very good book that you should read, I am not sure about the title but it is something like "He I just not into you" if you told the book store clerk that I am sure they can find it for you. It is a mans perspective as to why men do not call females back after they promise to. Be proud of yourself, and never doubt that you are a worthy person.
    kyop Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Nov 15, 2006, 10:42 PM
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Most guys would kill to have a girl willing to talk sports with them. He's probably just shy and scared to ask you out. Take the next step, call him, and see if you can get things going again. If things rekindle, ask him out. He'll thank you for it later.

Never send the wrong message by talking about topics you don't feel comfortable with. It'll only cause bigger issues later.
    thatgirl Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Thak you for the advice every one
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2006, 12:04 AM
    Hi
    I agree, call him back. Just be yourself. See where it goes from there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search