Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Dec 26, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Browser loses connection
    I installed Win7 Pro on my wife's PC last week. Every once in awhile IE seems to lose it's ability to connect to the internet. I can still connect to other PC's and the file server shares. I can ping other machines on the network and I can ping sites on the internet but IE will not connect to the site. Once I reboot it works fine for a few hours and then it starts all over again.

Any ideas?

P.S. I installed Firefox and have the same problem.
    Ilinor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 01:22 AM
    You should use winsockfix program. I had the same problem when working for one company, and it solved it. Download link here:
    http://usfiles.brothersoft.com/utilities/network/WinsockFix.exe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Team India loses... again [ 2 Answers ]

Well well... once again. Are we getting used to it?

Internet Browser Connection Problems [ 6 Answers ]

This is my first time in the forum, so I will post as much info as I can. Basically, I am unable to connect to the internet with either IE or Firefox. The connection had been working great for 2 years until 3 days ago. I have Verizon Fios, I called Verizon, they checked my connection and said...

Need to loses a few pounds [ 2 Answers ]

How do I stay in shape?

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

PC loses power [ 1 Answers ]

?? Hello, while I have been online now for 3 years, I don't know all the lingo or even how much memory etc this PC has... every once in a while, it is like I lose power , at the top of my screen is sky blue.. when my PC loses power or whatever is wrong, it fades to light blue, and then I have to...

View more questions Search