Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    u242447 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Payne furance not working
    Payne furance model Year 1992 unit, I have 24 volts at the control board because I jumped out the blower motor and it comes on. Then I jumped out the t-stat at the control board w and are nothing I notice the LED light is very dim but when I jumped out the blower motor between are and g it was a lot brighter and it binks I checked to see it I have 24 volts to the gas valve I don't the wiring harness goes to a smaller circuit board that goes to the Pressure switch and then to the inducer motor I get 120 volts on the black wire to the inducer board but that's it I think tha 120 is what powers the inducer motor and I need 24 volts close a set of contact to start the inducer motor I think it might be the control board but I don't want to be a parts changer let me what you think Thanks
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 01:05 PM
    The small board controls the inducer. Dismount pressure switch but leave wires & hoses connected while avoiding contact between switch electrical connections & furnace. Tap the butt of a screwdriver against the small relay in the center of the board while attempting to operate furnace. If operation of inducer is observed, the relay contacts are burned.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne Outside Air Fan stopped Working @ 3am [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for all the assistance. The outside unit is a Payne and at 3am this morning the AC stopped working which brought the temp in the house up quickly an the two little ones were awake quick and not to happy. I have searched the forum a little and came across a few topics that...

Old Furance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house which was built in the early 1950's. It had one of those back to back floor furnaces in the hallway and living room, I would like to get rid of it but its to costly, is there a way I can clean it out because its making my kids and I sick every time we turn it on and not to mention...

Furance cut in / out too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bryant furance, we moved in a couple of weeks now. The furanace cycles in and out too much, from start up to shut down it last 9mins. Any Ideas what it might be. Thanks.

Oil furance [ 2 Answers ]

My oil furance won't light it is a beckett afg model how can I light

View more questions Search