Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starlaccc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 10:57 AM
    How do I know if there is water going to my furnace?
    We just received oil but the furnace is not working... so my son started playing around the knob to bleed the water... why? I don't know I told him the oil line had to be bleed. Well the oil line is bleed. Now I don't know if he put the knobs back the way he found them. We are not getting heat in our radiators but we are getting hot water. Please help... we are freezing!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
    I have no way to know which knob he turned or what you are talking about since I am not there to see your no brand no model number unit. Sorry.

Dec 26, 2009, 08:51 PM

Well I found out that the furnace is full of water and we have installed a new circulation the pump. It appears that the cold water is not going through it. What is the next step?

Dec 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Well I found out that the furnace is full of water and we have installed a new circu
    Well thought it was the circulation pump that was causing us not have heat so we replaced it. We still don't have heat. It appears that the cold water is not going through the pump.
    The furnace is filled with water... the radiators are cold but we do have hot water. What is the next step?

Dec 26, 2009, 09:44 PM
    First of all water is not in a furnace normally so what you must have is a boiler is this correct? Next we need the brand and the EXACT model number.

Dec 27, 2009, 12:28 PM

What do I know... I guess I have a boiler. I will look up the difference later. We have a Blue ray the model no. BR-75... I hope that is enough. Thank you

Dec 27, 2009, 01:18 PM
    The following is the reason we need model numbers. Please see the recall notice below. Those units can be a CO hazard if not serviced by a professional. Please read the information and contact them for further service. At this point I will not be able to answer any more questions on this unit. It needs to have professsional on site service performed and a proper burner tune to prevent problems that can kill you and so far the boiler model number you have has killed 7 people. I am not trying to scare you just passing along the facts.

Blueray Heating Boiler/Furnace Safety Recall - Blue-Ray Blue Ray Recall Notice from the U.S. CPSC

Blueray "Blue Flame" Furnace or Boiler Warning

- DUI / DWI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in Furnace pump? [ 1 Answers ]

Remodeling my home. Currently sleeping in the basement, I awoke around midnight because the furnace was making an unusual noise. It's a forced air, gas system. I turned it off and took off the panels for inspection. It's a Lennox that is only about 6 years old. There is a air pump(?) that is...

Water and furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just discovered today that there is water all over my carpet in front of my furnace. You would think that it would be my water heater- however my water heater is not by my furnace. My furnace has been turned off since we use our gas fireplace that heats the house nicely. Any thoughts?

Water under Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Latley it has been raining heavily in Toronto (even everywhere in the wolrd! ). Somehow every time it rains so strong I get water in the basement under the furnace!! No water comes from the windoows or walls anywhere in the basement, just under the furnace!! I am not sure whether there is...

Why is my furnace leaking water? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my furnace leaking water?

Furnace leaking water? [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace in the basement is leaking water. There is a white pipe going into the furnace that is where the water is leaking and running into the furnace. I was told a pipe could be cloged up. Is this true and if so is it something I can fix myself? Thanks

View more questions Search