Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpleangelface Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Leaving the state with kids and not letting ex wife know
    Please help!!

My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time.

What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out her knowledge? He has joint physical custody of the boys.

Thank you
    Jackie
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Is it time for his visitation? If so than he can take to the kid to visit other family memebers. With joint custody, both make the decision not just one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 04:43 PM
    Unless there is spcific rules for no out of state travel or visit or vacation, nothing happensl

Most rules on taking out of state refer to moving out of state to live.

Now your custody agreement could say anything, so you need to refer to it.

What could happen, she can sue you in family court, try to get custody agreements changed, he could try to do anything he wants, but then he could do that if you don't take them either
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2006, 07:54 PM
    As Chuck indicated, as long as its his turn, she really doesn't have a say in the matter. Of course she can refuse to let them go to him, in which case he has to take her to court to enforce the custodial agreement.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 04:41 PM
    If it's your normal visitation time and there is no established order preventing you from taking the kids out of state, then there should be no reason why you can't. If the ex is preventing you from seeing the kids during your scheduled time, then file a contempt of court complaint. That should make it much tougher for her to do anything similar in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking my kids on vacation when my ex-wife says no [ 3 Answers ]

Please help!! My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time. What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out...

Legal age of leaving multiple kids alone over night [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what age is legal for a child to be alone with 2 younger siblings in ontario,I understand for a lone child its guaged on maturity but what about other kids with the child,can they be left alone eveynight over night 5 nights a week? thank you for your help

Leaving the state [ 6 Answers ]

Hi--considering moving to calif(other coast/far away) for a new start and hopefully gainful employment after having been divorced/seperated for 8 years. The kids are 11-13-17+18 and will undoubtly be dissapointed--how is best to break the news and do u think it is something I should even consider?...

Wife on H4, need to file 3 state returns and 1 federal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello There, I am on H1B Work Visa since last 3.5 years now and have been filing tax return as single since last 3 years. I got married on Dec 29th 2005 in India and have marriage certificate from india. My spouse is a Malaysian Citizen born and brought up there. She came to USA on H4...

Leaving the state after a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania with my husband for over a year. I now want a divorce. We have two children and I would like to go back home to NC where I have my family support. I don't have anybody in Pennsylvania except my husband and his family. I have a large family back in NC and would have a lot...

View more questions Search