Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    9765rob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Resetting the password on a acer aspire 6930g laptop
    Hi I have been given an acer aspire 6930g laptop but unfortunely it has the old user's password left on it which I do not know,is there any way of bypassing the login screen?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2009, 07:16 AM
    The Windows login or a power on password?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:40 PM

If it is a windows password, you can usually start in safe mode, and reset the password for that account. Make sure you log in to the Administrator account for that computer in safe mode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer Aspire M1640 not booting [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an Acer Aspire desktop (M1640) that I purchased just over a year ago (as in... my warranty has expired... just barely, but expired). The other day, the computer froze, I tried the usual, alt + tab, ctrl + alt + del to try and get to task manager, but nothing worked, so I...

Acer aspire 1413 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all Can someone please help. I am trying to recoverer my acer aspire 1413 however when I put in the second recovery disk I get a message that states (cannot open image file X:\images\60ea1012.ghs. I suspect my disc is faulty. Please help Paulw1200

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have been having a lengthy discussion about laptops in another post and I have come to the decision that I am going to buy this laptop. However I'm just wondering is there anyone here that has this laptop? Or a laptop that betters it for the same price? Thanks a lot.

How to reboot an acer aspire 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all just wondered what keys I need to use to reboot an acer aspire 5000 to factory settings as I haven't a disk .

View more questions Search