Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankspencerdiy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 06:48 AM
    'leaks on a baths flange'
    Hi,
    We have had some water come through the kitchen light, and on inspection of the bath, I noticed water coming from the flange part that is connected the drainhole of my bath.
    I think it may just be a matter of applying some putty, but I am not sure a part might need replacing.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Jim
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 26, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frankspencerdiy View Post
    Hi,
    We have had some water come through the kitchen light, and on inspection of the bath, I noticed water coming from the flange part that is connected the the drainhole of my bath.
    I think it may just be a matter of applying some putty, but I am not sure a part might need replacing.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Jim
    Hey Jim,
    Sounds like the drain seal has ruptured. Remove the drain lip ,(see image) with a pair of pliers or a tub wrench, (see image) Clean up the old seal and drain lip and run a small rope of plumbers putty around under the drain lip. You may also use Silicon Jel. Tighten the drain lip until the seal's squeezed out. Clean off the excess and test. Better Now. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange leaks [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: Just bought a house and the flange at the toilet leaks bad. Leaked at the joint of 90 and flange( type that goes on outside of 90 ). Bought a spray sealer and sprayed outside of pipe and bought a seal ( not wax ) but goes into flange and pipe almost to bend in elbow and has been good for 2...

Oatey twist n set 3" flange leaks [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 3" pvc pipe originally roughed into the concrete floor. It was cut off flush to the floor to insert the flange. I inserted an Oatey twist n set flange tightly and it sits flat on the concrete. I set a simple wax ring on the toilet horn and set the toilet onto the flange. It leaks...

I'm sick of cold baths! [ 7 Answers ]

OK... we have 2 bathrooms upstairs. One is shower only and one is bathtub/whirlpool only. Shower and both sink faucets give scalding hot water, but the tub only gives lukewarm water. I know it sounds absurd, but it seems a tiny bit warmer if someone has recently taken a shower in the other...

My dog hates baths [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old golden retriver and she hates baths. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried the tub, outside with a hose, a small wading pool, different shampoos, groomers, different groomers. You name it, I've tried it. If I even mention the word bath, she runs off or it's like...

View more questions Search