Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caseyta88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 12:10 PM
    RE: Dance partner in class having Bad Breath
    SOS, anyone

I have joined in a dance class recently. Unfortunately, the partner I have has Bad Breath.
    I could hardly breathe whenever the steps were counted by my partner. I don't really know that person. What would you suggest I should do? Hand a bottle of Listerine and say "Take A Gargle before coming to the next dance class and have the bottle on me?" Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Thx:confused: :( :(
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Carry some breath mints in your pocket. Offer your partner one. If he/she refuses, say "gee, whenever someone offers me a breath mint, I am just paranoid enough to wonder so I ALWAYS take it when offered!" Then offer it again with a little more confidence as you pop one in your mouth with a certain look on your face, capice? My experience is they usually take it. LOL

1... 2... 3
    1... 2... 3
    Good luck :p

Nov 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Carry some breath mints in your pocket. Offer your partner one. If he/she refuses, say "gee, whenever someone offers me a breath mint, I am just paranoid enough to wonder so I ALWAYS take it when offered!" Then offer it again with a little more confidence as you pop one in your mouth with a certain look on your face, capice? My experience is they usually take it. LOL

Good luck :p
    Many thanks for your quick reply and advice. Perhaps for the next dance session, I will throw the whole packet of breath mint on the person to stop that fellow counting... Slow... Slow... Quick... Quick! :D
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2006, 09:45 AM
    At the beginning of class, offer a mint or a stick of gum.

Nov 29, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    At the beginning of class, offer a mint or a stick of gum.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate it.
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Or you could pull them aside and gently explain it to them wouldn't you want someone to tell you if you smelled that bad it might be embarrassing but I would want to know for I could fix the problem
    tonsilhelp Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 11:03 PM

If they have consistently bad breath it's most likely related to tonsil stones. There's some natural cures, as well as the sre-fire cure which is a tonsillectomy.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 02:35 PM

I think temporarily it's a quick solution, but I'm thinking long term could be a problem.

It could be the food he eats i.e... onions,garlic, curry, peppers etc..

You could in an amusing sort of way say.. " gosh what have you been eating" wait for his reply.

He'll either be totally embarrassed saying that he had garlic bread for tea or something similar, and ask have you any mints on you,

Or.. he'll say I don't know why that is, I haven't eaten onions or anything, this will give you the opportunity to say sweetly... perhaps you have a cracked filling in your tooth, if I were you I'd go see the dentist and have it check out it can cause a very bad infection which can be very painful... you don't want to loose your teeth do you.

I think by now he would have got the message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic Bad Breath [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what can be used for chronic bad breath? Is there an operation that can be performed or a special mouthwash?

BAd breath [ 5 Answers ]

What causes bad breath? Most days after a whole day at work I get bad breath :( My fiancé notices it too. Which is abit :o embaressing.. I don't have any pain in my teeth and I brush my teeth everyday. Once or twice.

Can you break up with someone over bad breath [ 23 Answers ]

My boyfriend has bad breath most of the time and I was so turned off by that in the beginning we got involved because he was after me for a long time and proffessed his love to me so I finally gave in and I tried to make him take care of this problem because I can not stand it , so he fought with...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Loss of breath, heart stopped for 20 secs. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got into a pretty bad bicycle wreck and when I landed, my right arm rammed into my chest all the way across. While my arm was across my chest, I felt no heartbeat and I knew I had knocked the wind out of me. The whole time for both of these symptoms was 20 seconds, they both happened...

View more questions Search