Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cotodebra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Paid rent was 10 cents short was told it was sent back, never received check gorwent
    Paid rent in mobile home park recievd a 3 day notice to pay or quit, was tiold check was ten cents short, I never received check or was informed it was sent back
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 03:50 PM

This is easy, you have notice to PAY or quit, so just pay,

Since the check was "sent back" they did not cash it, so you will have the money in the bank, merely write them a new check or go to bank, get the money and pay them a money order.

Dec 25, 2009, 04:04 PM

I did but because I was then one day late after there three day notuice they sent back my cashiers check. I never received to check back that they say was short

Dec 25, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    This is easy, you have notice to PAY or quit, so just pay,

since the check was "sent back" they did not cash it, so you will have the money in the bank, merley write them a new check or go to bank, get the money and pay them a money order.
    But I never received check back from them only the notice paid it on the 4th day they refused it . Given a 60 day notice to sell or move mobile home
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 04:25 PM

So you go to the bank where the cashiers check was written ( OK very strange you are using cashier check not money order or regular check.)

So you get them to cancell and reissue another check, and pay them.

So if you go to court, you give them the receipt from the cashiers check as proof of payment, or to delay eviction.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cotodebra View Post
    paid it on the 4th day they refused it . given a 60 day notice to sell or move mobile home
    It generally doesn't work that way. If you are given a pay or quit notice and you miss the deadline, they landlord goes to court for an eviction order. Generally, if you pay before the hearing, the notice is rescinded. You need to read your rental agreement and check with local laws to see whether they can refuse your payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never signed lease, landlord suing for back rent, but I paid it! [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a trailer for 2 years, told the landlord I was moving out. The electricity was in his name, not mine. Rent was paid up until the 1st of August. I got an eviction notice at the end of July, called the landlord and he said it was a mistake! I then moved out two weeks later. Now he has...

Getting back pre paid rent [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I am on a month to monthh lease. When I leased the apt I gave landlord last months rent. I gave 30 days notice to vacate in June, paid the June rent and vacated on 30th of June. Landlord says I'm not entitled to unused last months rent.

Non payment of rent eviction , rent non paid [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord ( I live in a Mobile Home Park) had a constable close up my trailer because of failure to pay rent. The landlord told me later that day that if I paid what was owed I could get back in. I paid it and now they won't let us back in. Can they do that?

I rent in Florida, we received a Foreclosure notice Do we have to pay our rent [ 2 Answers ]

We rent through a leasing company, We were served Foreclosure papers, Is it not illegeal for the owner to collect rent if he is in foreclosure. Can we stop paying rent? Our lease is up April 27th and the way things are backed up the eviction would not happen on my watch I hear 6month to 9mon...

Have not received tax rebate check through direct deposit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I filed my taxes online and owed money to federal government which I paid before 4/15/08. It was electronically withdrawn from my account. My last two digit of social is between 0 and 20 but have not received any tax rebate yet. Income<75000 and single. Should I be concerned and is there...

View more questions Search