Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 25, 2009, 11:25 AM
    What Did You Get For Christmas
    I got three presents from mom wich were a wii, a game for the wii, and clothes. Im getting more from my uncle. But what did YOU get for christmas. Thank you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 11:29 AM
    I got love from my family and beautiful bright shiny eyes from my children. What more does a mother deserve!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I got love from my family and beautiful bright shiny eyes from my children. What more does a mother deserve!!
    I can't out do that J... nice response.
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Stringer, I don't WANT anything for Christmas other than the excitement seen through the eyes of a child.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Hi, RadioActive697!

So far, I've gotten some PEACE...

Thanks!
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, RadioActive697!

That's the best present of all Clough!
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, RadioActive697!

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That's the best present of all Clough!
    Yeah, and I hope that it continues!

Thanks!
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Some people, primarily children, think that Christmas is about what we GET. If we get what is on our list then we are happy. But they forget the meaning of the season. They forget that we have this holiday because the Christ Child was born.

I raise my children to understand WHY we have Christmas. Every Christmas Eve a gift from each child is placed under our tree, whether it be a new toy or an old blanket... they toys go to deserving children. The blankets go to Jesus.

At least my children know that Christmas is the season to give, not to get.
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Yeah, and I hope that it continues!
    Clough, you are so sweet I'm sure it will continue.

Dec 25, 2009, 11:10 PM

I know the meaning of Christmas. This year I wasn't suppose to get anything and everyone was like your not getting anything for Christmas. And I didn't even care all I cared about was that I lived another day. And my mom called me and gave me gifts. And I don't really like to celebrate Christmas cause I feel you shouldn't give gifs just cause it's a holiday but because you feel that person derserves one. But I am grateful because I spended Christmas with my family and that's all I could ask for.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 12:19 AM

I got to spend time with the ones I love and all the stress of the last few weeks just went away.

It didn't matter that the stove broke or that I didn't have time to dust downstairs. It didn't matter that I didn't get to finish my shopping, the important people were covered, my kids, my husband.

No, it's not about the gifts, never has been for me. Funny thing is, even though all kids love toys, love Christmas because of the gifts, my kids have never really been that way.

Sydney had a few more actual gifts under the tree, but I spent a bit more on Jared, he got a lot of lego, not cheap. Sydney got a lot of books, which I wrapped individually. So, Jared was finished unwrapping but Sydney still had a few things to get to. She was so concerned that Jared would be upset that she wanted to give one of her presents to him.

Jared just hugged her, told her that was sweet but not necessary, he was really happy with what he got.

For the first year my kids bought gifts for me and R. They used their allowance, asked us each to take them shopping for the other. They were so exited to watch us open the gifts. They were so happy that they could give a gift.

I am so proud of my kids.

I am so proud of my family.

Contentment, peace, love, that's what I got. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 12:24 AM

Don't really do "gifts" we exchange a few low cost items. Toni and I spent the day at a local nursing home visiting those that are often forgotten
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 06:42 AM

I got to make a friend's new come cousin feel welcome. I got to laugh with friends and family. I got to give my kids things they truly wanted. I got to see my wife happy.

I had a really excellent Christmas.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 06:45 AM

Hello radio:

I got a **greenie**.

excon
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello radio:

I got a **greenie**.

excon
    Have another :D
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    I know the meaning of Christmas. This year I wasnt suppose to get anything and everyone was like your not getting anything for Christmas. And I didnt even care all I cared about was that I lived another day. And my mom called me and gave me gifts. And I dont really like to celebrate Christmas cause I feel you shouldnt give gifs just cause its a holiday but because you feel that person derserves one. But I am grateful because I spended Christmas with my family and thats all I could ask for.
    I don't really like getting gifts, but I love giving them:) and I am also grateful for being alive for another day and for sharing the Holidays with people I love... and for the Chanel #5 Bath powder:cool::D

Dec 26, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I don't really like getting gifts, but I love giving them:) and I am also grateful for being alive for another day and for sharing the Holidays with people I love..........and for the Chanel #5 Bath powder:cool::D
    Yeah. Lol.
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 11:35 PM
    One of the things that I received from my daughter was a brown, stuffed frog from Mexico holding onto what would apparently be a miniature string bass!

For real! :eek:

Goes great with my stuffed Piranha!

Thanks!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 02:32 AM

That sounds like a very interesting gift Clough!

I'm the same as you Dahlia, although I do like receiving gifts (:D) I like giving them even more, especially to my little brother, I love watching him open the presents we bought him.

However...

I got a new camera... me likes :D

A Cordless phone (HOORAY!) No more sitting right next to the phone when someone calls, I can walk around with it!
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
    I also got a digital camera.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas cartoon - 12 days of Christmas [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out WHAT this show is called... I just can't remember! Okay, first of all, I think it was called "The 12 Days of Christmas" or something pertaining to that subject. The characters were bear-like. But the story is told by a plucky lady partridge. There was a king who...

No Christmas together [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both in our middle fifties. We haven't been get on well for several years and have not live together for almost a year due to his work, but had always spent xmas together. Recently he make some excuse not want to spent coming xmas with me and our disabled daughter. When I...

It's Christmas [ 23 Answers ]

And I know we're all wondering if we should call our exs to wish them a merry christmas. For me... I really miss my ex and want to hear her voice. I just need some people to tell me how stupid I am and shouldn't do it.. OH, MERRY XMAS TO EVERYBODY!! I HOPE NO CONTACT IS GOING WELL FOR YOU GUYS.

Christmas and PC [ 9 Answers ]

In Britain, we are hearing on the radio that 3/4 of all employers in the UK do not allow Christmas decorations to be put up for fear of offending other religions. As an atheist who enjoys Christmas for the giving and merriment, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I would like to...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search