Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miss.erin Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Which is better--FireFox or IE?
    I have an hp pavilion ze4800 laptop with Windows XP. Which would be a better choice (or does it matter at all) for optimum performance? Right now I have both installed and the thing just isn't running as fast as it used to. When I've tried to uninstall IE--I can't.
    Any recommendations? Thanks in advance :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Firstly you CANNOT uninstall IE as it is an integral part of windows.
    That being said it doesn't mean you need to use it.

Firefox is certainly the current browser of choice, mostly due to it's inherent security and available extensions.
    miss.erin Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2009, 10:56 AM

Hmmmm... I see. Thanks :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 25, 2009, 10:58 AM
    A poor running machine would benefit from some maintenance, pointers here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...rs-233870.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

Lately, and I don't know what I may have done, but whenever I click on a desktop short cut, I get a tone for critical stop and a message that reads: Windows cannot find "http://www.whatever.com/". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start...

New to Firefox [ 3 Answers ]

Just got Firefox. Not a computer expert here. Am a netzero user, when I dbl clk NZ icon same old Microsoft in expl screen comes up... when I then dbl clk Firefox icon that screen comes up with the message that FF is not my default browser and do I want it to be? Is this normal? If not how do I...

Do you use Firefox? [ 16 Answers ]

If you do what are your favorite extensions And What is your impression of IE 7? ---- Savage

Firefox 2.0 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date. Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

View more questions Search