Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 24, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Help With My OCD
    Well I have OCD. I pick my lip (sometimes) and really bite my nails. I don't bite my nails badly. Its just I hate my nails getting long and I hate seeing the white line on top of my nail. Strange I know. With my lip when I pick it it sometimes bleed. Like if my lips are chapped I have to pick them. I want to stop because I have braces and my dentist doesn't know about this. But could any one please give ideas on how to stop picking my lip and biting my nails. I truly hate this disorder. But thanks in advance!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 10:12 PM

You don't have OCD. You have two bad habits: biting your nails and biting/picking your lips.

How about if you pretty up your lips and your nails so you won't want to spoil their appearance?

Dec 24, 2009, 10:56 PM

I hate lipgloss, lipstick, chapstick and vaseline. But I do like nail polish. But thanks for answering.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    I hate lipgloss, lipstick, chapstick and vaseline.
    You don't have to glob it on. And it would be used only until you broke the habit. Do you mess with your lips if they are smooth and not chapped?

Dec 25, 2009, 06:16 AM

No I don't mess with them if their not chapped. I just don't like all that stuff on my lips. But I will try some vaseline cause that's what we only got to put on our lips at my house. Except my mom she uses lipstick and lipgloss yuck! But yeah I will try it but I might just eat it off cause I just really don't like that stuff. But Im going to try it and see. As for my nails even if I have polish on them I sometimes I just bite it off then start chewing on my nails again. But I will try that bad tasting polish.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 09:11 AM
    No I dont mess with them if their not chapped. I just dont like all that stuff on my lips.
    All you need is a VERY thin coat of gloss. Vaseline sounds nasty for lips (I'd hate it too and would chew it off), so I'd go with the gloss or a special lip protector. Could you buy one at a drugstore?

Dec 25, 2009, 11:02 AM

I have chapstick but I don't use it. But I will start using it. Cause my lips get chapped quick. And I haven't pick my lip nor bite my nails today. But thank you for giving me great advice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
    I have chapstick but I dont use it. But I will start using it. Cause my lips get chapped quick. And I havnt pick my lip nor bite my nails today. But thank you for giving me great advice.
    Here's some more great advice: Take 4000 IUs of vitamin D every day. That helps your skin and hair to be soft and glowing. It will help keep your lips smooth and your nails strong too. If you know you look good, you won't want to mess that up with biting nails and picking lips.

There should always be at least a narrow white part showing at the tips of your nails. When you bite your nails, your nail stubs and finger tips look fat and ugly.

Dec 26, 2009, 11:36 PM

Yeah I know that for sure. Its just a bad habbit I have. And I bite my nails when Im under stress and I have been having family issues with my dad so Im under some stress. BUT Im fine because I don't dwell on issues so that took off some stress. Im also doing better with my lip. I have went 2 days without picking and that's a BIG improvement. And again thank you so so much for the wonderful advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have OCD, but I'm not sure. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently fifteen, almost sixteen. I'm in High school. Recently, I guess the pasr few month's to a year, I've been having these random thoughts run through my head... I try to control them as best I can, but I can't. The thoughts are sexual, sometimes it's like I'm trying to imagine how a...

I think I might have OCD [ 1 Answers ]

To give some backstory... I've always had this fear of spiders. At the end of last year I moved away for school. Back in March I moved into my own apartment out here and it's the first time I've lived by myself. Since the move I noticed my fear of spiders got worse. A lot worse. It got to a point...

Is it ocd? [ 3 Answers ]

I am constantly playing with my hair, picking at my dead ends. CONSTANTLY. I'm 15 & have and had a lot of stress in my life... so could it be that or OCD? I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, since I was real little.

Do I have OCD? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old male. Four years ago at the age of 15, I did something really really stupid. Although I regretted doing it, I never dwelled on it too long and realized that I made a mistake and just moved on. About three weeks ago, the thought just randomly popped in my head, and I haven't...

View more questions Search