Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Forklift Capacity
    I am looking to purchase a 3,100 lb. capacity forklift. I need to be lift a 2,000 lb. pallet 4 to 5 ft. high. Does the capacity of the forklift diminish as the forks are raised? Will a 3,100 lb. forklift be sufficient to raise this pallet?

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2009, 01:56 PM

No, but the higher they are raised the more stability and balance issues you will have.But you should work out your exact needs with the forklift company.Also many older ones will have weaker cylinders and not be able to lift their spec.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Places I can go to get a forklift license? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lot of warehouse exp. But I never was able to get an operators license for a forklift! Is there a place I can go to get this?

Idiot on a forklift cost me $800.00! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I borrowed my Dad's brand new 2009 Chevrolet Z71 to pick up a pallet of sod from a local store. The young guy operating the forklift took 30 minutes after numerous failed attempts to finally get it right and loaded. The boy apologized for it taking him so long and for all the trouble it took...

Amperage capacity [ 3 Answers ]

Upgraded our circuit breaker to 20 amps for each slot. Is it possible/ safe to use one slot (20 amps capacity) for light bulbs and a garage door motor? The breakdown are as follows: Kitchen > 4 fluorescent bulbs 40 watts ea. Dining > 1 30 watts curcular bulb with ceiling...

Mean capacity [ 1 Answers ]

A particular type of plastic soap bottle is designed to have a capacity of 15 ounces. There is a variation in the bottle manufacturing process. Based on historical data, suppose that the bottle capacity can be reasonably modeled by a normal distribution with a mean of 15 ounces and a standard...

View more questions Search