Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michelle18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Family law

I would like to ask if after a teen 16 years of age moves out if the parents still have to support their teen with money? (kinda like paying child support)eg.money for dental,doctor,prescriptions,school supplies etc... :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2006, 08:33 AM
    If she moves out, she's on her own.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 01:22 AM
    Since when can a 16 year old move out of their parents house on their own without being legally emancipated or someone else getting custody of them?
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle18
    I would like to ask if after a teen 16 years of age moves out if the parents still have to support their teen with money? (kinda like paying child support)eg.money for dental,doctor,prescriptions,school supplies etc...:confused:
    If you request emancipation - your family is no longer supporting you, plus you have to prove that you can support yourself without a doubt before they even grant you that emancipation. Once you're out, you're out. Our of your family's hands, and on your own.
    Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Family movies [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in family movie recommendations, or favorite family movies, that are "safe" for young children (mine are 4 and 6) Also ones that you DON'T recommend. Since I've hurt my back I've seen quite a few with my kids. The latest one we saw was a miniseries called Dinotopia. The kids loved...

Help with family [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, I need help on a situation that, I guess can be described as somewhat abusive. My 20-year-old sister "Kim" has turned into a burden that I don't think I can handle, nor do I want to. I feel like my family is being torn apart an I am being torn up inside. "Kim" is the middle child in...

View more questions Search