Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hagopmouradian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Problem in my laptop speakers
    I have laptop HP pavilion dv6500, suddenly I noticed that the right speaker was not working and the left one is working but the sound is not very good, I raised the volum of the voice to the top(100%) at that time the left speaker stopped working, but when I connect the headphone the sound comes from the both left and right with good condition, it means there is no problem in the sound card in the motherboard.
    But I noticed that the CAPS lock led is not working too. I told the HP help and support section about my problem and they tried to help me in all the possible methods like upgrading the Bios and the sound, but no hope, then they told me it is malfunction in the hardware. But I don't think so because the left speaker worked again itself but it stopped working again when I raised the volum to the top, this happened three times.please if you have any suggession try to help me.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2009, 10:57 PM

Have you tested the speakers on other computers?

Did you try the volume thing on the other computer?

Do your speakers have built in leveling to protect them?

I take it you have integrated sound. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Chances are, by the sound of things (no pun intended), it is a hardware problem. That section of the hardware contains no moving parts, solid state. It isn't uncommon for solid state devices to work intermittently when they are broken or on the verge of quitting.

I would also suggest that you try a PCI sound card, and see if you get the same results.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Ok, sorry, I just realized you were talking about a laptop.

If it is still under warranty, try to have it replaced or fixed for free. Make sure you back up your data first, before having it sent out.
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:52 PM

On the HP DV series, there is a chip board that controls the power button, the touch buttons, and the speakers. If you want to take it apart, then there are several wires that control these things. Make sure all are properly seated. Test it again.

If that doesn't help, the board itself may be fried. If you can take it apart and put it back together, the a replacement isn't all that expensive. To have it done, is a bit pricey though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My compaq laptop speakers are not working but can hear through headset [ 1 Answers ]

I can't able to access my compaq laptop speakers,but can here through headset.. help me..

Speakers problem for hp dv2601tu [ 1 Answers ]

I have hp dv2601tu laptop(vista) . I insert a film cd in vlc player suddenly,audio is stopped.I restart my system then the sound is coming from my speakers.when I place the same cd at the same time after restarting again the audio is stopped.one more time I restart it but unfortunately it is...

Connect speakers to laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a laptop and a music mixer software in my laptop and I wanted to connect it to the speakers of my house. Does anybody know how can I do it?

Laptop Speakers/Head Set functioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have bought Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop in India. For a quite good time, its speaker system and headset worked well. But recently, when In inserted headset pin in the jack, its inbuilt speakers are not switching off and also the headset output is not working. Can any one help me. I have Realtek...

View more questions Search