Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilfredobravo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 11:55 AM
    First time violating probation
    She is in jail rght now waiting on the next court date she has 11violations and it is her first time violating probation. They gave her 2yrs probation and has only served one year
    Her probation officer knows that she is a meth usser can the probation officer get her any help like rehab?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 12:07 PM

You can inquire about drug courts in your county.
    Since rehabs are so full this has become an alternative in many states.
    Certainly her probation officers recommendation will weigh with the judge.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredobravo View Post
    can the probation officer get her any help like rehab?
    Hello wilfredo:

Probation officers don't offer help. They just bust people who don't obey the rules.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2009, 01:36 PM

Probation officers are not there to "help" you, they are there to watch to see if you do what the court orders. So with the problems, why are they not getting into rehab on their own,But with 11 violations, and if they are still using, they will be in prison anyway after the hearing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violating probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had my first and last drug screening for a 6 month period of probation. I had failed this drug screening and supposed to go to court. So, I was wondering when I do go to court will I be eligible for jail time even though this is the first time I have ever violated; even though I...

Violating probation [ 3 Answers ]

My son was caught driving under a suspended license first offense while on probation, he is in jail for with no bond and has court coming up. What kind of sentence do they usually give for that? He now has his license and has a good job. Thank you

Violating probation [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend is on probation for possession of marijuana and got pulled over yesterday for driving on a suspended license. Are we looking at jail time here and how long? Should he tell his P.O?

Violating probation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had gotton into a dometic dispute which was not a violent crime but they called a domestic dispute since we live together. The police did get called and they found that are house was a mess and even though he had left before the police arrived they still did arrest him. They...

Jail time for violating non reporting probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I pled quilty to malicious telecommunications and later was arrested for DUI. Will I go to jail for this violation?

View more questions Search