Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 03:10 AM
    Allergic to platinum?
    Can you be allergic to platinum jewelry?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 23, 2009, 03:21 AM

At last count, worth about $l400. An ounce I wouldn't be allergic to it, no way.

No, jennycarol, it isn't organic, so I don't see how it is possible to be allergic to it, but anything is possible, and you would have to be tested to prove that out.

Tick
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 12:30 AM

Yep tickle, Platinum being such a precious metal will not be allergic to skin(moreover), But What I was curious about, is that, has anyone come across (or seen) such issue of getting allergic to platinum?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 03:14 AM

Actually what I was trying to say, jennycarol, in my travels through peoples healthcare I have never ever heard or seen anyone being allergic to platinum or gold. I have seen skin allergies caused by base metals though.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

On my ring the imprint is 14k g. e. t. what is the g.e.t.

Gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

Please can you tell me the symbol on my gold 333 fbm id like to no which country and I've looked and can't find this mark and id like to no the age

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

To make sure I get a fair deal, is there anything I need to keep in mind, when I go to one who will give me cash for the necklace. The necklace I hardly wore it because the catch broke. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Getting money for gold jewelry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to get money from gold jewelry. I know about pawn shops, is there other sources. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search