Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 02:01 PM
    My dachsand only went into heat itme and she is a year old
    My dacshand only has gone into heat once and I thought that they go into heat evey 6months
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 02:57 PM

Most dogs reach sexual maturity by 6 months. It can vary from breed to breed and from dog to dog.

If your dog is only 1 year old then one heat cycle isn't unusual.

This is the perfect time to get her spayed to avoid a pregnancy.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 03:18 PM

My little girl didn't have her first heat until she was 11 months old.
    We got her spayed at 12 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We have a 2 year old rudd heat pump and the outside fan isn't working [ 0 Answers ]

Our inside unit runs but the fan outside isn't turning. Also of course the house warms up when the auxiliary heat is turned on. Our HVAC guy said it may have been tripped, but my husband looked on the exterior unit and doesn't see a reset switch or fuse?

6 year old Payne Heat Pump compressor failed [ 1 Answers ]

The compressor on my 6 year old Payne Heat pump failed. The HVAC guy offered 3 solutions. 1. replace compressor - cost $1100 -$1300 2. replace whole outside unit - cost $2500 3. replace everything with new, more efficient unit cost: $7k+ It is Payne model PH10 2.5 ton R22. HVAC guy...

5 year old temstar heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body know if tempstar energizes the O for cooling or the B on heating Thermostat

How do I file capital gains and interest income as part itme resident in NC [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I just became a part time resident in NC July 2007. I was a full time resident of FL prior to that. How do I file NC state taxes for Stock capital gains that were puchased in 2004 in FL (while I was a full time resident there) and sold in 2007 two months after I became a part time...

No heat on ten year old gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I was able to take the front panel off the machine and the wires going into the igniter are a little orange/brown at the point that they go into the box, could that be a sign that the igniter is burnt out. The thermostat is so far back and inaccessible I don't know what to do if I could get to it.

View more questions Search