Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BobKeller56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 02:58 AM
    probability of selecting the proper sequence of the number one through eight
    We conducted a lottery. The numbers are one through eight. In order to win, we had 100 player each take one turn at guessing the correct sequence, of the numbers, one through eight. What is the probability of them guessing the correct sequence.

Please advise. Thank-you!

Bob
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:47 AM

I have no idea why this is posted under the communication category and not the homework category.

My neighbor's daughter came home with this same question yesterday. How odd that you and your friends are conducting a lottery which is exactly the same as her homework!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selecting Thermostat with proper temp. Differential [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - Recently I had Lux digital thermostat replaced. After several attempts with Honeywell tstats -- that were cycling the death out of my furnace -- had contractor install White-Rodgers 1f56-444 mercury-style tstat. After devouring this site, I learned to adjust the heat anticipator to 1.2 A,...

Selecting the Proper Size Air Compressor [ 0 Answers ]

It's not unusual for individuals to purchase the wrong size air compressor. Begin by performing a requirements analysis. Look at the air requirements of the tools that you'll be using. Specifically, focus on tool air consumption at load, not average air consumption. Most marketing literature...

Probability of selecting sodas from cooler [ 1 Answers ]

A cooler at a picnic contains 100 cans of soda covered by ice. There are 48 cans of cola, 23 cans of orange soda, 18 cans of ginger ale, and 11 cans of root beer. The cans are all the same size and shape. If one can is selected at random from the cooler, determine the probability that the soda...

Probability of selecting a card [ 2 Answers ]

Select a card from the deck. Do NOT replace the card. Select another card. What is the probability that a red three is selected and a face card is selected?

Probability of selecting cards from a deck [ 2 Answers ]

Separate the 12 face cards from the rest of the deck. Assume that the remaining cards have been shuffled. Select THREE cards from the pile of face cards. How many ways are there of selecting one of each face card from the pile. Second question: How many ways are there of selecting three of the...

View more questions Search