Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richspirit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 10:19 PM
    The hot water in the tub has rust in it
    The hot water in the tub has rust in it, is this from the water heater? The kitchen sink & bathroom sink hot water seems to be fine.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 10:09 AM

More likely from some old galvanized piping than the heater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water on the shower but hot water on the tub & sink [ 39 Answers ]

Hi, I work at a hotel that has a 105 rooms in total. For the past several weeks, we've been having some hot water issue. Randomly, the rooms are not getting hot water on the shower however there is hot water on the sink & the tub. Our maintenance worked on the problem for several weeks but...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Loads of rust in hot water faucets [ 1 Answers ]

We have been away from our hse. For long periods over the last several years... only this last trip did we discover LOADS and LOADS of thick rust coming out of all hot water faucets. We totally drained the water heater, flushed it out, refilled and still seem to have a problem though not nearly as...

Hot water smells of iron or rust [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I wash my hands in hot water or rinse my face, or even shower, the hot water smells of rust or iron. What does this mean?

View more questions Search