Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raji Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Pregnancy
    I have been trying to get pregnant only 5 months and no luck yet. But for some reason I'm starting to get scared that I can't get pregnant. Is that crazy? How long did it take you to get pregnant with your first child?
    unsure42 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2006, 10:40 PM
    (I have never been pragnat) but my aunt had the same problem. She went to the doctor and found out that her tubes were deformed and couldn't have childern. I would visit a doctor. Also you husband could be the reson.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 11:07 PM
    5 months is not a long time, even though it can seem like it when you are anxious. After a year of trying and still not getting pregnant, then it might be time to look into if there is a problem.

In the meantime, educate yourself as much as possible about understanding how to really know when you are fertile, etc. do you have any previous conditions like endometriosis or severre UTI's, etc? Any medical history? How old are you?
    raji Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 01:55 AM
    I am not having any medical reports . I had not any problems previously.My husband too says its only 5months went no problem we can wait for more 5months if nothing happens then we can consult a doctor . I don't no whether I am having any problems.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 02:03 AM
    It took six months for each of ours. Sometimes it could take up to a year. Does not mean anything is wrong. They will not even investigate unless you have been trying for more than a year.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Well again, sometimes it takes longer. Since you have had no known medical problems that might indicate there is a problem, usually after a year of trying unsuccessfully is when your doctor might start to look for issues.

Like I said before, in the meantime read a little on how you can better understand when you are most fertile, etc. and enjoy yourself. Sometimes it takes time. And if it doesn't happen after a year there are things that can be done to help you.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
    I know that this posting is kind of old, but I just got my net up again and am checking up on everything I missed in the last month or so. Don't get discouraged. My hubby and I got preggy two weeks after the wedding with our first. BUT I am preggy with my second now, and it took me a year to get pregnant this time. It just goes to show you that you never know. There wasn't anything wrong with me, I had check ups and all was fine, but it just wasn't the right timing I guess. I would go get a check up, to ease your mind(the " what is wrong with me!" questions will be gone if and when you get a clean bill of health) sometimes that is all it takes. Stress is a big factor in these things. So just enjoy the ride;0) and let this experience be one to bring you and your man closer together. When you do finally get preggy, it will just mean that much more to you. Best of wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 10 Answers ]

I've been trying to get pregnant for 1 year and every month my husband I must not be hitting on the right day. So my Question is How many days after your period is the most fertile time? None of the calendars for fertility have been correct.

Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I had my period on September 29 which was 8 days late and it's the October 30th and I have cramps and sore breast can I have gotten pregnant last month and still got my period

Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 38 years old, divorced and never had children... my boyfriend and I decided to try and have a child of our own... I have been of the injection since May this year and am still not pregnant. Please help with any information... as being a first time I want to know what and when is the...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibe to become pregnant by performing in oral sex?

View more questions Search