Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crsager Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Hot tubs
    I was wondering what could be wrong on a hot tub when the ground breaker will not stay on? We know the breaker itself is not broke, but we don't know what we need to do, can you help?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 06:57 PM
    I assume it is a GFI breaker, so there can anything from a nick in the cable feeding the tub, to water or moisture in the control box, or a problem with the electric heating elements, which are immersed in water, to a fault current leak in the pump motor.

Finding a fault like this can be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but can be done, using an accurate multimeter, and best to have the specs of the motor, heaters, etc. and knowledge of control and power wiring in the appliance.

May be time to have a service tech look at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer: Chain fell between tubs. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Had what I hope is a quick question. I have a small metal jewelry chain like for a necklace that accidentally got put in the pocket of a pair of jeans which were later washed.:eek: Just yesterday I discovered the attachment end of the chain just sticking out of one of the holes in the bottom of...

Sinks, Tubs, and drains overflow! [ 2 Answers ]

In June we purchased a 150+ year old farm house and we're just starting to get to know each other. About 3 weeks ago the 2nd floor tub was draining slow, but we really didn't think it was a big deal. A week later it clogs fully. For the past 2 weeks we've been dumping septic safe hair clog...

Hot radiators but no hot water [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there I hope someone can help me. I have a problem with my hot water, the heating is on and the radiators are roasting hot but I have no hot water if someone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Jennifer

Custom Tile Tubs [ 1 Answers ]

Cust-tub New Member Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 0 Custom Tile Tub -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Speedball,

Tubs/toilets clogged [ 1 Answers ]

Three days ago, in our ranch house with 2 full baths, both showers were used and the water stopped draining and when the toilet was flushed it did not drain but overflowed and also caused water to start leaking in a small pinhole in the cast iron drainage pipe between bath #1 and bath #2. Bath #1...

View more questions Search