Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2009, 09:23 PM
    What is an example of a vestigial organ?
    I have been thinking of what type of organ in the human body would fit into this definition.
    One of the things I have read about is that there are some people that
    Have a human tail.
    Has anyone heard of this and what is it officially called ?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 20, 2009, 03:18 PM

The apendix in humans is a vestigal organ. Vestigal organs/structures are parts of the body that have lost function over a long time like during evolution. There are different types of tails in humans. You can read about it here:Tail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are YOU an organ donor? [ 8 Answers ]

I was watching a program on Discovery Health (or something similar) the other day that was discussing the benefits of stem cells for aiding in repairing injuries and advancing the medical field. It got me thinking about how, with stem cell advancement, we could grow organs in a lab, and not have...

I have an 1972 organ B-12 series [ 1 Answers ]

What is the value of a Yamaha Electone organ B-12 series from 1972? can someone please help me out. Thank you. :)

Organ choir church music [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know where to find calm quiet organ music, like church music, or choir hymns. The perfect example is Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus K 618. Please help if you know of any good albums or locations to find MP3, etc.

Organ removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my gall bladder removed as well as just underwent a complete hysterectomy last March. Does the removal of these organs affect the functioning of my body in any way or what are its implications?

Bible stance on organ donation [ 8 Answers ]

What does the Bible say that may pertain to modern-day blood and organ donation? Is there any guidelines/rules as to what to do with a body after death? Is embalming wrong?

View more questions Search