Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    151mesquite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 08:18 PM
    Have I crossed the line with seeing my brother -in- law
    I recently had an affair with my sister husband which makes him my brother in law.. I know I had crossed the line but he promised me the world and I gave everything up for him.. I lost my entire family for him just to decide that he was going back with my sister, I truly believes he dose not love her but they have grand kids together, so he wimped out and went back.. Last week one night everything was perfect and the next morning he said he couldn't do it anymore... what can I expect from him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 09:37 PM

More of the same. That's not hard to figure out. How are you, and your sister doing? Interesting your more worried about him, than your family.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 01:02 AM
    You must have known that you were seriously breaking all the rules of honest decent behaviour-and then the cheating husband did what they most often do-he went back to his wife and family.
    Though why she'd take him back I can't even begin to grasp.

I have no idea what your relationship with your sister was like before you thought it would be a good idea to become involved with her husband, nor do I know if any bridges can ever be rebuilt.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 01:13 AM

I think you got exactly what you deserved.

You cheated, with another man, who, unbelieveably, is your brother in law!!

You wonder what you can expect from him, and I'd be wondering about how quickly I could get into counselling to figure out why I did what I did. Then I'd be spending as many years as it takes to try to make up for this horrible thing you have done to your family.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 01:52 AM

Yep if your not sure if you crossed the line then you have bigger problems then you think.

Hope your not pregnant. Well I agree things like this does happen but your left eating sh!t and it is your own fault.

Now learn from this and you defiantly need to learn what is crossing the line. This is more then crossing the line. You and this other person destroyed a whole family. The effects of this will be life long.

Time to change your ways and learn from this and start over again. Without messing around with anybody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married guy crossed the friendship line [ 13 Answers ]

Well there is this guy I have been friends with for the last 8 months or so. I have tried to become friends with his wife also but she is resistant to get to know me. She tells her husband that she doesn't trust me (even though she doesn't know me). Well he attempted to cross the friendship...

What do I call my brother in law [ 6 Answers ]

My husband's sister died two year's ago and her husband is getting remarried. What do I call him now when I introduce him? My ex-brother-in-law?

Relationship to Brother-in-law [ 3 Answers ]

Is my husband's brother-in-law also my brother-in-law? What does it mean for a relative to be once removed?

Annoying Brother in Law [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is due to get married to her fiancé next August and for the previous two years he has lived at our house. The plan is for them to move out after the wedding but personally I don't see this happening. Its not that I'm a nasty person just that my home life has been a nightmare since his...

View more questions Search