Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ag1121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Teenage Child Abondment by Mother in GA
    A family friend has kicked her 17 year old son out of the house. As he has no other relatives/friends to stay with, we are allowing her son to stay with us. The boy's mother was contacted to notify her that he was at our house. We asked if he could come home and she said he could not come home. Is there any legal recourse according to child abondment laws in GA?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 02:49 PM

GA is one of the few states in the US that the child can actually move out on their own at 17

Found that out when I tried to stop my 17 year old from moving out.

The 17 year old can contract children and family serviers.

1. does his mother have sole custody,
    2. where is the boys father, since he has right to custody if mother does not want it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abondment [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of a two year old and The daddy has nothing to do with him because he doesn't believe that my son is his. He doesn't want to get a DNA test and I filed for child support but I believe he is running because I haven't heard from them for about a year and a half and he has moved...

Mother going crazy with teenage sisters fighting [ 8 Answers ]

I have 4 daughters, 17, 15, 13, 8. The 17 and 15 year old's fighting is getting out of control. They were always close even up to a year ago but now it is getting really bad. The subjects that they are fighting about are crazy. They are mostly about my 15 year old taking my 17 year olds clothes,...

Mother causing Destruction in Teenage son. [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has custody of his son. We went to court 5 years ago and proved the mother unfit. He has lived with us 6 years. For the 9 year we have been married the mother has continually bashed me to my husbands son. He is now 14 1/2 and has become very rebellious, angry,falling grades, threatening...

Workers Permit for a teenage mother [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old mother, Do I need a workers permit to get a job? If so how do I get one?

View more questions Search