Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fox75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Balanced chemical equations for acid-base reactions
    how do you write balanced chemical equations for the acid -base reactions that occur between the following pairs of compounds. The acid is listed first in each reaction and loses all of its hydrogen atoms to the base shown.

a) HCl+NaOH

b) H2SO4+ NH4OH

c) H2C2O4+ NaOH
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 13, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Please refer to This Announcement
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Nov 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Here are some tips to help you along.

1. Before you can have a balanced chemical equation you will need to determine the products.

2. Acid-Base reactions such as these are a special kind of reaction referred to as neutralization reactions. Research the types of compounds produced in these reactions.

3. Remember that the compounds themselves have to be written correctly before you can begin to balance. Review your charts of polyatomic ions and their charges to help you.

Let us know what you come up with and we can let you know if you are right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gold base and blue base hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I have many times colored my hair in years past. I always used miss clairols blondest beige and it always turned out fine. About 4 years ago I grew it all out my natural color. Light light brown (dishwater blonde) Anyway.. last night.. I decided to color my hair I bought lightest golden blonde...

How do you balance chemical equations [ 9 Answers ]

for... ex. 1. _____NaOH + ______HCI = ______NaCl + _____H2O now what the hell is this?

Predicting Chemical Reactions help [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I really need help predicting these chemical reactions. First of all, how do you know when 2 reactants are going to undergo synthesis? I need help predicting the products of the following reactions and determining which of the five reactions they undergo, double replacement, single replacement,...

Reactions [ 1 Answers ]

Are these substitution or addition reactions? How can you tell and determine this? What are the products? Trichloromethane + chlorine --> Propene + bromine --> Ethylene + hydrogen iodide --> Ethane + chlorine -->

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search