Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NJpatrol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Craftsmen snowblower won't start
    I have the 5.5hp with electric start... it tries like heck to turn over but won't grab. I am getting spark. I have even taken the plug (which is str8 up) and given a quick shot of carb cleaner and replugged... she fired right up ! So obviously it is not getting fuel (priming makes no difference either) what should be my first attempt ? Thank you in advance for your help !
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 11:20 AM

Hi,
    Well, the first thing would be to remove the main jet and see if cleaning it will suffice. Since it will run and priming has not effect; it seems obvious that the mian jet is plugged(priming forces fuel through that jet and into the venturi.)
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I used my Ariens snowblower twice today as we had steady snowfall. When I went to use it this evening, I topped up the gas, connected a power source, opened the choke and hit the power button. For more than 20 minutes the motor would not catch. Having thought I flooded it, I shovelled the snow...

Craftsmen Lawn tracter mower deck won't start? [ 3 Answers ]

Craftsmen 19.5hp 42" cut mower deck about 10 years old. Mower will start fine but when you try to push the lever to engage the mower deck knowthing happens? Put a new mower belt on but still doesn't move the blades. Lawn is getting tall need help! Help!!

Snowblower - electric start [ 1 Answers ]

The electric start on my Ariens snowblower worked yesterday but today it just whirs and the engine doesn't catch. What needs to be done? Thanks for your help.

SnowBlower will not start [ 5 Answers ]

Craftsman snow blower, model #536884822 will not start. First time in 12 years. Have replaced spark plug, gas, used fuel start spary on carb and still no start. Help!

View more questions Search