Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabastian97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 10:53 PM
    My dog isn't eating
    I have a 14 (almost 15) year old chihuahua. She was diagnosed with kidney failure a little over 1 yr. ago. She has been on a special diet for the entire time (KD hills). She hasn't been eating consistently for about 1 week. But has been drinking regularly and using the bathroom normally. This evening she began to vomit what little she ate and some water she drank. I plan to call her vet in the am but is there anything else I can do?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 11:05 PM

If she isn't keeping any water down try giving it to her in a syringe.
    With any dog and especially one with kidney failure it's important to make sure they stay hydrated.

Just squirt a syringe full of water down her throat ever half hour or so.
    If you have or can get some pedialyte it would be even better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Got new dog and old dog stopped eating [ 2 Answers ]

Over Christmas we adopted a rescue dog while visiting family. The day after adopting her she was very sick and we spoiled her. Our other dog who is 4 yrs old was fine during this time. We went back home after Christmas and the dog that we had (the 4 yr old) stopped eating. He will eat people...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Dog not eating [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is a chihuahua over a year old. I feed her Iams but she tends to get bored of it. She has spurts of straving for days. Is this normal? She looks like a concentration camp dog, I can see all of her back bones.

Dog Not Eating [ 1 Answers ]

We have a healthy, active, not over weight two year old Shih Tzu who has never eaten on his own unless coaxed or hand fed. He was the only pup in the litter. We got him when he was 7 weeks old and suspect he was not properly weaned as he didn't seem to know how to eat food from the beginning. ...

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

View more questions Search