Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpjohnso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 07:53 PM
    We have black soot inside our oven and our furnace. What is the cause?
    We have propane appliances and heat. Our furnace and oven are filled with black soot. What would cause this? My daughter mentioned letting the propane get low may be the cause. We did let it get low once about three fills ago. Can someone assist with this issue?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Dec 18, 2009, 08:34 PM

If your description didn't miss anything that we should know, I would suspect that your gas pressure is incorrect. That will require a professional to correct. That is, unless you have a manometer and KNOW how to use it and what you are doing. Get that checked soon. It could be dangerous.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 08:49 PM

Additionally, the available combustion air in the structure may be insufficient. If the furnace is truly sooted, it should be cleaned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing black soot [ 2 Answers ]

My Oil Furnace is blowing black soot into the house through all the vents. What could be causing this and what can I do to fix the problem?

Black Soot [ 7 Answers ]

Checked my gas furnace filter and found it to be totally black. This condition occurred a few months earlier this year. The filter is changed monthly,so there were two filter changes that appeared normal. Is my flue loading? The furnace is 8yrs. Old.

Ac black soot [ 3 Answers ]

Out of my ac ducts I get black soot that appears on walls &windows. I had my vents cleaned 5 yrs. Ago & they seem clean.Please help.

Black soot [ 5 Answers ]

Good evening Please can someone help and advise me please.. I have just had a new kitchen and bathroom a full new central heating put in which the boiler is now in place in the kitchen rather than in the bedroom.. since having this fitted we have thin black soot all over the house especially my...

What could cause black soot to come out of my vents from a new heat pump furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new heat pump furnace... and black soot is everywhere in my condo... what could cause this?

View more questions Search