Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joenic927 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 03:02 PM
    Install help, please
    I am installing a HONEYWELL RTH110B

The outputs read: Rh Rc W Y G

I have a red, blue, white, yellow and green wire coming from the wall.

I have read something about a "jumper" from Rh to Rc... But what's that?

I also don't know what to do w/ the blue?

Please Help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 03:37 PM
    There is a sticky I posted on the top of the main page telling what all the thermostat colors are for. I don't know what your blue wire is for since installers can use it for a heat pump reversing valve, common/ground, or the cooling relay. You need to find out what it is connected to in the furnace. If you have only one transformer that controls the heat and cooling youn need to jumper Rc and Rh.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 04:39 PM
    A jumper is just a wire connecting 2 things. Connect the red to one, and run a little bit of wire between the RH and RC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to do a full XP install? [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a used DELL PC from the salvage unit at my university. It looks like it has Windows NT and a lost/unknown administrator password. I want to wipe everything and install XP or XP Home. I can buy some sort of XP upgrade CD through the university's staff purchase program: Windows...

Help with thermostat install [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a ritetemp thermo stat and didn't label the wires can anyone help -I know---:mad: Stupid

Where should I install the thermostat? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 3 family home and am having a problem getting the heat up to the third floor. Right now the thermostat is in the basement and the sensor is in the first floor apartment. Where should the thermostat be placed? In the first, second or third floor apartment for me to better manage the heat...

New Install on Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a total remodeling job on a pier and beam house, all new plumbing and electric. We are adding a new bathroom. Sub floor is 3/4" treated plywood and will have linoleum as the finish. How far is the toilet flange placed from the wall? And do I have to install a closet flange? Main...

View more questions Search