Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjdurbin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 10:04 AM
    On the pioneer vsx519v can you output both hdmi and composite at the same time?
    I want to input HDMI from an xbox360 to the receiver then output hdmi to my TV and output composite to my capture card on my laptop at the same time. Is it possible to have two outputs at the same time or will one cancel the other out?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 02:49 PM

I will look into this first, but I am almost 100% sure that it cannot down-convert the HDMI signal to composite. If I find out differently, I will edit my post.

EDIT: Confirmed on page 10 of the owner's manual: "This receiver is not loaded with a video converter. When you use component video cables or HDMI cables for connecting to the input device, the same cables should be used for connecting to the TV."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting the time on a pioneer car stereo clock [ 4 Answers ]

Hi group, I bought a car that has a " pioneer supertuner III ' stereo system ( the kind with removable face plate) The stereo works great but I just can't figure out how to set the clock... help! Thanks, Ann

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

Hearing sound from Pioneer VSX519V receiver from Panasonic TCP50X1 [ 3 Answers ]

I have everything hooked up including 4 speakers-2 front connected to the front speaker connections on the receiver and 2 rear connected to the surround connections. I have no center speaker. What settings do I use on the receiver and the TV to listen to TV through the receiver and right now I...

Connect 2 hd TV sets to one hd direct TV receiver with one hdmi output [ 1 Answers ]

How can you connect 2 high def TV sets with hdmi inputs to 1 direct TV high def receiver with 1 hdmi output? I understand that both TV sets will be receiving the same programing and will be using the direct TV remote control for both TV sets. The 2nd TV is in the bedroom some 40 feet away from...

View more questions Search