Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1456 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Cancelling a credit card over unfair charges
    If I feel I am being charged unfairly by a dishonest company, may cancelling the credit card they have on file solve any problems, or create new ones?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 11:32 AM

Creates a new problem since the card company will still want their money. Once the charge has been placed on your account you owe but can contest the charge. What is faulty with the charge?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card charges made by another person [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, Wondering if anyone might be able to provide a little insight on this situation... While my ex and I were together, I had a credit card and added him as a user to the account (but the card was under my name). The day after we broke up, he goes and charges thousands to my card before...

Credit card finance charges [ 1 Answers ]

Because of a balance transfer was used. Two finance charges appear every Month. The cash finance charge and the purchase finance charge. If the balance of the credit card is paid off fully. Will reoccurring charges Still be subject to the two finance charges??

Credit card charges [ 1 Answers ]

I made a charge for service. Months later the company started charging my account. I received no service and the credit card company can find no authorization but will not credit my account. What are my rights.

Wrongful charges on credit card [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I have a question, I was at a restaurant last Saturday and I spent about $80 and I kept looking throughout the week to see when it was going to be taken out of my account. Well I got a call today which is Friday, nearly a week later saying that they didn't swipe my card and they were going to...

Credit Card Charges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Its my first time on here so hello to all. Quick question. I have a charge on my credit card that I do not recognize. I also do not have a receipt for it. Do merchants keep itemized receipts for purchases. For example, would I be able to get an itemized receipt from my credit...

View more questions Search