Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buffy52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Norton SystemWorks - Optimizer Program
    Howdy Folks: I'm new to this site. Might as well jump in with a problem I've been having for a few months!

I have my laptop PC (Averatec - a Great value) that's about a year old, upgraded to 1 G RAM and XP Pro. Installed is Norton SystemWorks 2006. When I run the Optimizer, it takes forever, and does not complete the optimization as I'm used to seeing in previous versions. Usually now, within about an hour, the laptop freezes. I can't (? ) be running out of RAM. Also, my HD is only 25% used.

Any ideas?

Not a MayDay... Yet!

Buffy52
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Sorry, this post isn't going to be a solution to the problem. You'll find that many people who repair computers such as myself will stay far away from Norton/Symantec products as they will use up so much of your computer resources that it'll make it perform like a 486 (a real old computer model). What is the "Optimizer" feature trying to do anyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Norton SystemWorks ruined my laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed Nortons SystemWorks. Well, I say installed, apparently there was an error during installation. For some unfathomable reason the uninstall software is not included on the disk, so I had to download one from the link provided. And thus the problems begin. The download is...

A Virus that Norton can't FIX [ 4 Answers ]

Its called win32.mixor!inf.. Nortons detects it, but can't repair it! And even if it tries to quarantine it, it says acces to file was denied. Like my computer also detects it (Windows Xp) then there's this bubble that won't stop appearing saying that my computer is infected! :mad: :mad: It...

Norton or AVG [ 3 Answers ]

I run Windows XP and norton anti virus but I still get viruses so I downloaded AVG but I'ts making my machine run slowly - do I need both? Can I get rid of Norton and still be protected? How can I speed up my machine? I've run disk cleanup, I don't have temp files cloggin it up, since...

Uninstall Norton [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Until I can fit a new system in my budget, I'm stuck with my Windows ME. How do I uninstall Norton Security and Norton Anti-virus system? At one point I did hit uninstall in the programs list, now I can't find it anywhere, it's not even in install/uninstall programs. Also when I try to...

Norton confused [ 6 Answers ]

I just changed from a dial-up connection to wireless DSL. Now Norton Anti-Virus is unable to download updates. I;m using XP Home. What internet options require a change? Many thanks.

View more questions Search