Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddbyers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Itt general controls thermostat
    Good morning!

I want to replace my ITT General Controls thermostat with a programmable one in order to save some gas.

I have an old gas in-floor furnace with the ITT thermostat Cat No. #T80AV100. (Actually the printing on the back of the thermo cover is not very good, so I am inferring that is the correct number from the other posts on this group.) Anyway, it also says "For use with Millivolt & B54M Gas Valve only".

There are two wires coming out of the wall-- both black and unlabeled.

I want to replace the thermostat with a simple type programmable thermo - just the "wake-leave-return-sleep" type is fine.

I purchased one from Home Depot saying "15 minute installation". Why does that never work out?

So this model is a Honeywell RTH221. It has all of the standard newer-type terminals -- Y, G, Rh, Rc, W.

Currently I have the two wires (in no particular order) on the Y and G terminals. The "Run"part of the program does not seem to function, but with one switch set to Heat and with the Fan set to Auto, the furnace fires and heat comes out. To my knowledge, there is no fan in the furnace.

So if this unit will indeed work in my application, which terminals do I use with my two wires?

If it will not, which thermostat will work for what I want to do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Todd
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 08:55 AM

The thermostat should say it's compatible with millivolt systems.

Rh and W should work.

Here is just one example that specificly states 20-24 VAC or 750 MV systems:

Buy Honeywell FocusPRO 6000 Programmable 1 Heat/1 Cool Thermostat, Large Screen | Honeywell TH6110D1021
    jazystorm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 02:34 PM
    I need a replacement part for my ITT thermostate model:

ITT THERMOSTAT CAT. NO. T80AV1 00B137.

Can I find this replacement part anywhere?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

ITT thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

Need to replace an ITT Thermostat for an old gravity heater. The Cat. No. on the existing unit it #T80AV100B. For use with Millivolt 12 V.S.C. AT. 060 amps, 24 V.A.C. AT. 060 amps circuits only. Any way to locate one?

Upstairs controls Down Stairs after new thermostat install [ 4 Answers ]

HEy. I have a two story house with a heat pump ( I think). There is a thermosat upstairs and one downstairs. I was told there is a damper in between to control air flow. I just changed the original thermostats to two new programmable Honeywells. The upstairs thermostat now controls the downstairs...

I have a ten wire General Electric thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to replace 10 wire thermostat with 5 wire thermostat. Do not know how to connect

View more questions Search