Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJDisneyDork Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Exactly what is a clapboard (the ACTION! Board) used for?
    I'm studying directing... on my own... haha... and I feel like I'm asking such a stupid question... but what purpose does the clap board really serve... I know old standard ones just had the "take" on it. And the date and scene... so I know that's used to get where there at.. but the digital ones?. what the deal with those? Why do the numbers always count? What are they counting for? Why do they clap the board? So on so forth. I just want to know in depth and detail, the story behind the clapboard haha
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 12:26 AM
    Hi, MJDisneyDork!

Please click on the following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapboard_(film)

Thanks!
    MJDisneyDork Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 10:25 PM

Well thanks a lot :P... now that leads to another question haha:

How does the clapstick align sound and picture? How does that work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green board sheet rock VS cement board for show wall backing [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if the green sheet rock will do just as well as cement board for installing in a show that I'm planning on tiling?

How do I alternatively plead an action for quiet title, an action based upon adverse [ 3 Answers ]

How do I plead a cause of action for quiet title based on a boundary dispute and then plead alternatively for title based upon adverse possession and then plead alternatively for prescriptive easement?

HOA Board Member Moves with board property [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently an HOA Board President. One of the board members (secretary) moved out of the community in the dark of night and abandoned his home. He took with him important documents mainly all board minute’s in addition or board seal. We have called, emailed and texted only to get no...

Best course of action [ 3 Answers ]

I have been saving for a house (my first) and the market is great now to buy one. I remember a couple of years ago a lender advised me that I should have 3 lines of credit. He noted this when he saw I only had 2 credit cards. I need to buy a car. Mine was wrecked. So am I wondering if I should...

View more questions Search