Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proudmom2 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2009, 08:18 PM
    Change ca jurisdiction
    I live in Oregon and have a custody case in CA. I know I have heard a million times how Ca will never let go of the case because the father still lives there, I don't have time to get into details... I would really like someone to just tell me how to file the papers to request a change in jurisdiction. I will take my chances with the Judge to tell me yes or No. I just want to know how to make the request to CA. Thanks if any one has an answer.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 08:25 PM
    It's a federal law. If he is still living there then no change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jurisdiction change [ 8 Answers ]

I just stumbled across this site. I am in desperate need of legal advice. My daughter was born in CA and I lived there with her and my ex till she was 2 1/2. We divorced and he agreed that I could move back home to NJ with her. We have legal paperwork and already went to court once in CA for...

Change of jurisdiction [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question that I hoping you can help me with or point me in the correct direction. My daughter and I moved here from NH almost two years ago, we have a custody and child support order out of the courts in NH. The courts in NH decided that I could move with my daughter to AZ but that we...

Change of jurisdiction [ 14 Answers ]

My husbands X Wife wants to move from NY to CT with their 8 year old son. She is the custodial parent. Current child visitation is court ordered through the family court of Orange County, NY. She has already made one unilateral move to Brooklyn a little over a year ago. That move happened...

How do I change jurisdiction from MO to my [ 2 Answers ]

Ok.. Ive been reading a lot of the Q&A's about this & it seems that the original state the order was drawn up in will have jurisdiction.. unless the father doesn't live there or agrees to change the order's jurisdiction. My son & I live in MI & the order is in MO. We have been here for 8 yrs. My...

Change jurisdiction from CO to FL [ 2 Answers ]

I moved to Florida with my daughter in 2001. The original child support order is in CO where my daughter was born. How do I go about changing the jurisdiction to the Florida courts?

View more questions Search