Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyforhire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Pond larvae
    OK my son arrive home with some creatures living in a small water container.. I can only describe them as being under a cm in length, having a long thin black body (like thick black cotton) with transparent fins (maybe ten each side) and two small googly eyes... please can anyone tell me what they are?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 04:39 PM

Kelly, I moved your thread to ecology seeing as your questions really has nothing to do with pets.

Hopefully someone can better help you in this forum.
    kellyforhire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 08:53 AM

Thanks sorry never seen the other category... only new to this sitw!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a biological media fish pond filter(without mechanical media)keep a pond clean? [ 1 Answers ]

Does a biological media fish pond filter (without any mechanical media) really keep a fish pond clean? I know that they keep the water healthy but I am having trouble believing that it will filter out small enough particles to keep it really clean. I have one in mind to buy that has a built in...

Need ID of larvae [ 2 Answers ]

I have whitish larvae the size of your index finger now appearing on my porch, started mid -August. They are not visible during the day. Only see them in the morning. More and more each morning. They are very fat and clear white and ugly. They curl up when I go to remove them. I need to identify...

Weird larvae [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When I went to my car this morning there were hundreds of little larvae looking things under my car mostly under my tire. I left and when I got back they had started to move towards a shed we have outside. They are about an inch in size and have a point at one end. They look like a little...

Larvae Like Pest [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have been seeing several small larvae looking things that resemble a cream colored caterpillar about a half inch in length. I have been remodelling my house for quite a while and am about to repaint but am trying to figure out what these things are. They seem to go to the corners...

View more questions Search