Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Nov 13, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Repeated Positive Ovulation Tests
    Here I am again - the ongoing sagga of trying to get pregnant again:)

My question is about ovulation. I am on my third round of Clomid - & I have taken the at home ovulation tests & have gotten a positive result for the last 5 days. I called my doctor & they want me to come in and have some blood work done next Monday. The nurse said that my ovaries may be over-stimulated. However that usually comes with pain - & I have none. I may be a little uncomfortable - but nothing really to speak of. My question is - if my ovaries are overstimulated - does that increase my chance of getting pregnant this month? And does it increase the chances of multiple births? Or is the oppossite - does it decrease my chances?

Thank you!

Nov 14, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Today is day 6 of positive ovulation test. THis is driving me crazy - I have to wait until Monday to have my bloodwork done! Anyone have a comment?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Charlie, I am sorry but I do not know anything about this.

You ask about pain, what is your pain tolerance? What may be pain to some is nothing to others, or maybe mild discomfort.

I wish you luck. And please let me know what you find out.

Nov 15, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Thanks J-9 - you are always so informative. I did another test this morning - and it came out negative? So - I guess that's good. I'm still going Monday to have some bloodwork done - I'll put another post after that. Thank you again.

Nov 29, 2006, 11:10 AM
    I wanted everyone to know that Saturday when we took a pregnany test - IT CAME OUT POSITIVE!! (I took 2 to be exact - & I even took another one yesterday) - we are very excited!! Now I have the fun time of waiting till I'm 8 weeks before the doctor will see me (which is a whole 20 days away!! ) Wish me luck - & thank you all for answering my questions (especilly J-9!)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Congratulations Charlie!! I am very happy for you. I know you have been waiting for this.

Please keep us updated!!
    lexx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Charlie123, I know it was a long time ago since you posted this question, but on doing a Google search for repeated ovualtion tests, I came across your post.

I have had 6 positive ovulation tests a week after my first positive ovulation test, yet all pregnancy tests are negative. It is now 11 days since my first positive, however as I missed a period last month I have no idea where I am up to..

I notice that it turned out you were pregnant - so my question if you get this, is when did you test positive for pregnancy and did you have any symptoms prior to that?
    At the moment I am waiting it out, but it is so hard not to wonder if maybe at last I am pregnant, however the only symptoms I have had is that of a little nausea (on and off) and only a tiny bit of breast tenderness (could be pmt.) I have been trying for almost a year, but do have complex medical history - I had surgery for mild endometriosis over 2 years ago, I have IC (bladder disease) and myasthenia gravis.

I hope you get this (I tried to email but it says I can't) - and maybe anyone else that has had this happen can shed some light as to why, even if it turned out they got there period, I would be intersted to know peoples experiences

Thanks

Apr 10, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Lexx,

I just happened to look at this posting I did - if you are still interested in chatting about this make another posting - I am so curious if you ended up being pregnant or not. THanks
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 11, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Congrats Charlie!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

Suggestions for positive change. [ 7 Answers ]

I currently email my senators and representatives, at least weekly. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for positve change in government I can pass along to them. I have dialog with them since to keep on them until they answer.

Positive Affirmations [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find a positive affirmation that I can go by? About a month and a half ago, I had the worst heartbreak of my life. I still can't seem let go of the hurt and anger I am feeling. I need an affirmation I can stay focused on. Any help will be appreciated!

Positive affirmations [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me find a positive affirmation that I can go by? About a month and a half ago, I had the worst heartbreak of my life. I still can't seem let go of the hurt and anger I am feeling. I need an affirmation I can stay focused on. Any help will be appreciated!

View more questions Search