No.
    hog97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 02:54 PM
    OK thanks,
    I thought it would just cut my watts in half
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2009, 02:59 PM
    The wattage will remain the same, the amps will double, but the unit will not get hot enough as the 120 volt supply is not sufficient to per a unit rated 240 volts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running a 220 outlet line for electric range [ 1 Answers ]

We are switching out our gas range to an electric range. We need to install a 220 outlet, run wire to breaker box. What do we need and how do we do it?

Which is more harmful, not using enough amps or not enough volts on an electric tool? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an electric rotary tool that's battery pack is not taking much of a charge anymore and I want to modify it to use an AC\DC power pack. The tool is a 96v rotary tool. The amperage isn't listed, but I'm guessing since the power pack is made up of 8 AA sized batteries wired in series that the...

Federal Pacific toe space heater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. We have a Federal Pacific toe space heater in our bath which works fine, however the plastic cover for the thermostat has broken. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks for any help out there! Nook

Federal pacific circuit board [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older house that has a federal pacific circuit board. If I wanted to replace this on average what do you think that would cost me?

Replacing Federal Pacific breaker box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Federal Pacific breaker panel that needs to be replaced. I am trying to get at least four quotes before I have any work done. How much do you think it would cost to replace the Federal Pacific breaker panel with a 42 cct main lug panel. Thank you.

View more questions Search