Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frank1980 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 02:00 PM
    What psychological problem this person might have?
    A girl told me once that whenever she drinks alcoholic beverages, she needs affection. What kind of psychological problem she might have? Or is this just normal for most people (especially women)?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 02:06 PM

It probably means alcohol lowers her inhibitions which isn't very good and means trouble, especially in a social group or bar. I don't think it is any kind of psychological problem.

Is this someone you know because it sounds like she is hinting.

Not, I don't think that problem is gender specific, at least I don't have it. I like being in control of my emotions so don't really have that much to drink at any given time, unless of course, the male is very interesting, sexy and affectionate himself.

Tick
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 02:07 PM

Everybody reacts differently to alcohol- men and women alike. It is not a psychological problem- it is just a reaction to the alcohol.

One of my friends is a stupid drunk- he can't talk or walk right, and mumbles like he has a mental problem- he's even been known to tear his clothes off and run around outside.

My fiancé is a confused drunk- yelling for his friends that aren't at the party, or mistaking objects for something else, he usually ends up lying down on the floor in complete confusion.

Another of my friends is a depressed drunk. If he drinks he ends up feeling terrible, and sits down quietly with a sad expression.

There are also clingy drunks. Who flirt, or attach to men or women like glue. Your friend probably falls in this category.

The point is, there are all kinds of drunks, and this isn't a psychological problem. Also, as said above- there is not gender specific reaction to alcohol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

M.S. And psychological brain damage [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have multiple schlerosis, have had for about 9 years. My question is, I have recently been through a very bad time,(insanity), but have been back for a year and a half. My daughter believes I have brain damage from the m.s. but only to do with my mental health. I have never heard of this,...

Does this constitute psychological abuse? [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing to you because I am currently separated from my husband of 10 years, he left about 4 months ago. He cites several reasons for leaving, which are all my fault, and so far hasn't taken any responsibility for his part in the breakdown of our marriage. My family and friends think he is...

I am near a psychological breakdown... [ 8 Answers ]

I had a girl friend two days ago... Any thing she or her family asked for I gave... I mean for exactly 2 years I took them out when her father got paralized I gave my car I took them out to dinner lunch... every day what ever she asked for I bought for her I spent exactly 53,000 euros on...

Psychological Programming [ 6 Answers ]

How do you Program the Subconscious mind? Explain in detail Please!:D

Psychological thing? [ 15 Answers ]

I've know this girl for almost a year, but we have only been dating for about 4 months. Everything is great, nothing is wrong... except myself. I'm better now then I have been with it in the beginning of the relationship but it's still there and I want to null it out. This mostly has to do with...

View more questions Search