Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QuestionReality Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Why do I have uncalled for negative thoughts?
    For a while now I've been battleing with anxiety and paranoia. Theirs been a lot of ups and downs, and now I realize that I haven't made a whole lot of progress. I don't know what to do about it anymore... I've tried evrything I can think of. Im not suicidal its not the answer in any way shape or form. But the voices in my head.. want me dead. All of this is very confusing yet for some reason I keep going.. which I suppose is more then some could ask for... yesterday is history tomorows a mystery but today is a gift that is why they call it the present.. anyone can achieve happyness I believe. I've thought myself into circles about all of this and I've reached a point where I know what's up.. but the voices enjoy my confusion.. I hate it. I want nothing more then to no longer hear them. Sometimes they sound like people I know and sometimes they don't. And then it scares the crap out of me just the thought of it being them... they want something from me and if I don't give it to them then what they want is death... they say they don't care... then why do I still hear them. Its never a lot of voices it's a max of 2 I think usually the same I think maybe?. I just don't know anymore. Its ruined my social life most everyone I know thinks I'm somehow crazy... It's all so very complicated. I've been getting angrier at all of this for the most part I usually express it by tensing my muscles and yelling a bit and sometimes it does make me feel a better but I'm pretty sure the voices want to see me mad but it does help. I think its healthy to express ones anger... prefreably under proper self control. The voices try to tell me what to do... I will not. These voices are the same vocies that have threatened and lied to me theirs no way I can trust them... ever. But some have been nice but then I just think they might be buddying up to me so they can stap me in the back... pick me up so they can watch me fall... I just don't know anymore.
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 16, 2009, 11:09 PM

"Tune it out"
    Sometimes we get negative blasphemous thought for no reason, and it is not a voluntary thought. It attacks us when we least expect it, and worst of it is - You know that you don't really mean what you think, but you just can't help stop getting those thoughts.

The best way to combat it, is it to IGNORE it. When you find yourself thinking negative, ignore it...
    --NEVER EVER START DWELLING ON THEM. The more you think as to why it is happening, the more you will end up thinking about them.
    --NEVER EVER FORCE YOURSELF AGAINST THEM. The more you resist the thoughts, the more you will end up thinking about it.

If you just ignore them, eventually you will find thouse thoughts reducing in quantity, and you will be back to normal again...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 04:57 AM
    I would like to know how old you are, and if you are male/female. When did this start with you, and have you ever been on any psychiatric drugs, or had counselling or an assessment?

It is not natural, or 'normal' to hear voices, and voices that wish you dead, and clearly give you instructions on what to do.

These types of thoughts need to be explained and talked out to a Psychiatrist. I have seen this kind of behaviour before, and treatment is highly successful, but you must seek it out.

This is not something you can control, or eliminate on your own in my opinion. The times that you are trying to control them is all consuming, and likely leaves you exhausted and confused. When this happens, most other aspects of your life are likewise affected, such as you mentioned with your social relationships.

Please seek help, and post with the results of that. There is help for you.
    Rhiannnonn Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Dec 22, 2009, 11:56 AM

Listen to Jake2008! She's giving you the right advice! You need to talk to someone in a professional capacity!

This is not something where bible-thumping will be of any help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative thoughts [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am feeling really low at the moment. I often feel that I am alone and find it difficult to trust people. Negative thoughts keep coming into my head, telling me that my boyfriend is lying to me, or seeing someone else, doesn't really love or care about me. I am...

Negative thoughts [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have been getting constant negative thoughts, like I need to quit smoking in order for God to bless me... then I not audibly have a thought, get up you need to do this do that obey God if not your going to hell... im evil, I'm wicked, everyone thinks I'm a hooker, there's no hope for...

Doubts/Negative thoughts/why do I do this? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have never asked a question in any self help forum before.. Partially because of a displaced association of weakness by doing so, and partially because I didn't know where it would be appropriate. Anyway I have never been able to tell anyone/ or consult a professional about the following...

Negative Thoughts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I hope you can help me... Since the age of 16 I have mainly had long term relationships, majority of which have been with violent, controlling, unfaithful, jealous and possessive men. At the age of 18 I found my mam dead in her chair, she had died from...

Stress, friendship, & negative thoughts [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having an issue now with my stress. Who doesn't right? Well I've been noticing that my stress from school has been overwhelming in a different way. I seriously feel like I'm going crazy in my own thoughts and I catch myself telling myself to stop thinking negative thoughts. Such thoughts that...

View more questions Search