Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kulik09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Why does my GSD always offer me his treat before he eats it
    My GSD almost always offers me his treat by bringing it and laying it on my lap. I give it back to him and he eats it then. I often wonder why he does this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 10:26 PM

Because you have established yourself as the pack leader and as such, you eat first. It's only after the pack leader has had his fill that the lower ranking members are allowed to eat.

This is a good thing. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2009, 12:33 AM

Yep, that is great behaviour as Alty said.

In the wild the pack leader will always be the first one to eat which is why he is making sure have had your fill before he eats his.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 06:35 AM

Aww this question brought a tear to my eye. People rarley get to this spot with their dogs! Good Job! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend doesn't treat me like I treat her; how do I confront her? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear listener, This morning, my best friend woke me up with a call. She literally told me to meet her at her school without asking if I felt better (I have the flu; she could easily tell with my changed voice). Curiously, I asked why she wanted me to come; she said "i really need my debit card, im...

He eats so much [ 10 Answers ]

Have a younger brother, he's 14 years old, about six foot (a foot taller than me) and does a lot of excersise, he plays for two rugby teams, plays football with his friends and does weights on a night time (when he remembers) before bed. I've had my concern that he's only 14 and still growing so...

My dog eats her poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old female German Shepherd Dog. She is healthy physically and emotionally. Happy, active and playful. She has a disturbing habit. She eats her stool. (about 50-60% of the time). Only Her stool; not the other dog's stool. Not the cat's. This has been going on for the last 6 months...

Puppy eats own poo [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 week old puppy is tarting to eat her own poo why and how can I stop it

Dog eats poop [ 4 Answers ]

My puppie eats her own poop how do I stop it

View more questions Search