Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smartfinensexy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
    I have a felony charge not a conviction. Can I get this off my record?
    IN 1997 I was pulled over for speeding. The officer wanted to search my car and I didn't have a problem with that. While I was out side of my car the oficer was looking in my purse. Lord when h pulled out a pocket knife my late uncle had gave me I almost fainted. He told me that the blade was too long and I was charged with CCW. Once I went to court they threw out he CCW charge and I pleaded to a misdemeanor traffic offence. Last year I tried to go to school for nursing because that is my love. I enjoy caring for people. I was turnd away because the charges still show on my record even though iwast convicted of that crime. What can I do to get this off my record?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 09:06 PM

Not in the US, while it may show up on some private searches and will always be on private searches, in the US only convictions show up on police records given out for public employment.

Also for school did they merely ask if you were ever convicted ?

The school can not even consider an arrest that was dismissed. If they did, you may actually have a law suit against the school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile record used to charge adult with felony? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone's juvenile record could be used against them to charge them as an adult... live in virginia, commonwealths att. Wants friend to pled out claims that the juvenile record has 1 charge, adult record has 1 and this would make 3. making it a felony~so it could be 3strikes...

Can a person become a CPA if they have a felony conviction on their record? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to become a CPA if you have a drug related felony in the state of Virginia that was in 1995?

I have a felony charge/conviction [ 4 Answers ]

How long does a felony conviction in the state of Pennsylvania stay on my record

Remove felony conviction from public record [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Seven years ago I was convicted of a commercial Marijuana growing operation. I am not sure if it matters but I had four hundred plants and a substantial amount of money that was seized, as well as a large portion of my personal property. I have been a good kid since then, and have had no...

How can I remove a felony charge off my record? [ 3 Answers ]

I was convicted of selling drugs back in 1999. I have completed 5years of parole and are tryig toget legal gainful employment, What can I do to remove this charge from my record?

View more questions Search