Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 09:21 PM

Is there only specific discs this happens with or is this happening with all discs? Does it still happen with CDs?

Of course the first step is to make sure the discs you are trying to use are clean. Always make sure your discs are clean before putting them in any player, as this is one way players slowly break down.

Unless there's been some breakthrough with laser cleaning discs, I would avoid using them as they generally cause more problems.

Assuming this happens with all discs, then I would see if it is still covered by warranty. Though if this error is because of dirt (which I suspect it is basically a disc read error), then it will most likely fall under "normal wear and tear."

If you are comfortable taking it apart, you could manually clean the laser head with a cotton tip and denatured alcohol. Be very gentle if you do this, and use the other end of the cotton tip, or a new one, to dry the lens off right away.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my dvd to stop saying, "Wrong Disc" [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get my d1816 gpx to stop saying, Wrong Disc? How do I get my d1816 gpx to stop saying, Wrong Disc? How do I get my d1816 gpx to stop saying, Wrong Disc?

Insert a disc into disc drive D: [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, recently I bought a new game called Red Alert 3... but when I put it in my computer doesn't load it instead it makes a grinding noise, then stops for a few seconds, then noise again etc. and if I try and go Computer and double click on disc drive D to load it up all it says is Please insert a...

Is it wrong to like a guy so long then stop and then like him again? [ 6 Answers ]

There this guy and he is popular and has a lot of friends that are popular and I really like him. He smells good, has great taste in style of clothing, and has a great abbs. I have liked him in the beginning of the school year and I have asked him out but he said no because he had a girlfriend at...

I think there's something wrong with my disc drive [ 7 Answers ]

I have an averatec 3300 laptop and for some reason it reads some cd's and not others. It didn't really bother me too much until I bought Webroot Spysweeper and tried to load it on and my computer just doesn't even seem to recognize that there is a cd in the drive, and it's really frustrating me...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.