Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 02:11 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem attacking. Had the case been that you did want a chance with him while he was engaged, I'm sure you must understand why my answer was so passionate.
    gia23 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to seem attacking. Had the case been that you did want a chance with him while he was engaged, I'm sure you must understand why my answer was so passionate.
    Thank you for the advice I understand :)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 09:42 AM

This may seem like a strange question, but how exactly did you find out that he is 'engaged'?

I notice that it seems to be taken for granted that his 'engagement' is real, but could the information be out of date or from someone (not necessarily your friend, but the person who told your friend) trying to cause problems? Do you have any other sources that back up the friend's information?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 18, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gia23 View Post
    That would be hard since we do a lot of business on his club.. i can't ignore a person who is always there... would it be a good idea to put him on his spot in our next encounter? or ask him what his intention?.. he doesn't know that i know that he his in fact engage?
    As hard as it might be, I wouldn't do that.

Try to put on your best business personna, and think of only business. If he approaches you, say that this isn't the place to discuss this, give me a call later.

If he calls, then ask him outright, if he's engaged or not. That was a good point, that somebody in the background may just be trying to stir the pot so to speak. Let him tell you.

If he is engaged, then let that be known that's the end of it. To get involved with an engaged man is nothing but trouble, and automatically puts you in second and hidden place.

If he's not engaged, then ask him out, and see where it goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    gia23 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This may seem like a strange question, but how exactly did you find out that he is 'engaged'?

I notice that it seems to be taken for granted that his 'engagement' is real, but could the information be out of date or from someone (not necessarily your friend, but the person who told your friend) trying to cause problems? Do you have any other sources that back up the friend's information?
    Mmm I never thought of that! But yes I will find out heading there tomorrow. So we will see :) thank you again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

Deck won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

I have troy bilt rider lawn tractor. The engine runs but the deck will not engage. The front and rear gears and neutral works okay. I change the solenoid that had blown. And from that point this trouble started.. what else can I do ?

Engage what to do [ 9 Answers ]

I got engage 15 days ago and my fiancé went back home ,he never called me does that mean its over

Blades will not engage [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 2003 Craftsman riding mower. The mower will start but you cannot engage the gears. Any help?

View more questions Search