Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alxxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 03:01 AM
    Back and side pain on right side
    When I paddle and surf its sore on right lower back. Now injured could not touch feet it hurt.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 03:31 AM

I am a paddler too and I know the strain in my back going for that extra pull. I do competitive dragonboating.

This will explain the muscle I think you have pulled to the limit, but you should get it checked out, you may need some physiotherapy to ease it along. My advice, from experience, is lay off the paddling for a few days.

Latissimus Dorsi

The latissimus dorsi is the broad back muscles located behind the arm. The latissimus dorsi is responsible for the movement of the arm moving down and back and rotates the arm inward. This muscle is used a great deal in kayaking during high braces and rolls. Lateral pulls are one good way to help build these muscles when you're not in the water.

Tick
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:15 AM

You really should go get checked out by a doctor.

I had a protruding disc in my lumbar (spine), and it all started with the symptoms you are experiencing.

It could be one of many things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Right side back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm glad I found this website its been 5days Ive starded with this strong enfuriated pain in my lower back on the right side next to my rib and kidney I've been in the hospital several times and what the doctor said I have a mild urine infaction wish I don't think that can cause so much pain I...

Back pain right side [ 1 Answers ]

I have lower back pain on the right side. It is difficult to lay down in any position

Back pain on the right side [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I've been experiencing some back pain on the right side of my back a little below the rib cage. I've only had this pain once before and at that time I could hardly walk or take a deep breath. When I lay on my left side, the pain seems to get a little more intense. Any thoughts of what this...

Pain in lower right side and back [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 yrs old and I have been bleeding for 5 weeks now along with the bleeding I have a sharp pain in my lower right side that goes to my back. I have been taking otc medicine for the pain. I have also been very nauseous. I went to the obgyn dr and she put me on birth control and told me to come...

View more questions Search