Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justrobb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fans
    I bought a hompton bay courtney 42 inch ceiling fan for my small kichen and the problem I have is the light theat comes with this unit in the paper work that comes with the fan it tell you that the max light bulb to use for this is that 13 watt energy saver spiral bulb that came with the fan. Is there a way to safely use a brighter bulb bulb this light is about as bright as a night light not even close enough for a usable light source/
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 10:25 PM

A 13 watt fluorescent bulb should be as bright as a 60 watt regular bulb.

What kind of sockets does it use?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

What direction should my HB fan be going to keep the heat from escaping to the ceiling?

Where do I find wiring diagram 240 Volt Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

Bought 5 fans 240 Volt (for export) NONE work -- where do I find a wiring diagram

Hampton bay ceiling fans troubleshoot [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the fan works just fine. The problem is the light. The light will come on as it should but sometimes it stays on for a few seconds or as long a 5 mim. Then it just turns off on its own. I bought two of the same fans and the second one works with out any...

Hampton ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a fan control module for a ceiling fan model #E183963

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 5 Answers ]

I have a HB ceiling fan that is mounted very close to the ceiling (there is no space between the fan housing and the ceiling cover. The ceiling cover has no removal screws and is one piece and appears attached to the top of the fan housing. I was able to unscrew the fan motor shaft from the top...

View more questions Search