KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:14 PM
    After deleting game data.
    PS2 will play DVD's, but won't play CD's or games. :confused:
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:27 PM

When you say game data, I take it you mean the saves, but it sounds like you might have deleted some system files, (if you can do that on the ps2, I can't remember if you could its been a while since I've used one) that is unless ALL the games and cds you've tried have been scratched and hence unreadable.

What is the error message that they bring up?

I'm not sure how to fix it or if it can be fixed so id suggest talking to some staff at different game stores/computer stores if they sell consoles as well see if they might be able to suggest something.
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. It was game data only, no system data. It was working perfectly prior to this. Now, blue screen with message [NO SIGNAL] which I believe to be from the TV. It's as if the ability to read some formats was lost. Game store dude may very well hold the key... thanks again.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 02:25 AM

If you think the TV might be the problem have you tried playing games on other tv's to either rule out or confirm that it's the TV
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:03 AM

Actually, I don't think it's the TV; the [NO SIGNAL] message is just a default screen whenever there is, well, no signal.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:12 AM

Well, other than maybe some system files have been deleted/corrupted or the TV going on the fritz, the only thing left I can think of that might be a problem (and it's a long shot) is the cable but as you said it plays dvds so hmmm :(

Good luck getting the problem fixed, sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

After deleting game data. [ 11 Answers ]

PS2 will play DVD's, but won't play CD's or games. :confused:

Transmitting data and receiving data wireless through moirco-controller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to transmit data from one microcontroller to another microcontroller wirelessly. The micro-controller are connected to one computer each through a serial cable. I want it to transmit data from the hyper terminal to the 1st micro-controller. For example, when I type the letter "a", it...

Deleting PS2 game files [ 5 Answers ]

OK, here's the deal. I was playing this game on my PS2 and I saved when I forgot I wasn't supposed to. Is there a way for me to delete just part of a game file without deleting the whole thing, kind of like going back in time? Thanks!

View more questions Search