Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 15, 2009, 09:39 PM

Or just put the money back in the bag tomorrow.

If you honestly don't feel bad, then why are you here? I have two theories. Either you're looking for someone to agree with you, or you just want to brag. Either way, you're not going to find what you're looking for here.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 15, 2009, 10:15 PM

Yes, because you have no remorse.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 10:21 PM

Hello Joy,

If I took twenty dollars from everyone I hated, I would be a millionare...

You shouldn't steal.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joyousfailure View Post
    Why do people think stealing always leads to this? Most of the time it doesn't happen.
    Dishonesty ALWAYS leads to more dishonesty. Short brag - I've been successful on both sides of the law - I find I like myself a lot more when I don't have to lie to account for things, like where all the money came from.

You want to be a thief, be a thief. Don't go bragging on the internet about petty pilfering, though. When you get away with some large, we'll applaud.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 05:26 AM

If you have no remorse, then why are you here?

If it's "just twenty dollars', where is it now? Did you spend it?

No, I don't think that you are necessarily "bad".

I think that you are making BAD choices.

I think that you have a BAD attitude.

I think that you are practicing BAD behavior.

Don't try to validate your theft by saying that these girls are B----s.

You are not tough. You are not "Robin Hood".

You are on the road to being a punk criminal though.

Go give twenty dollars to charity, and get your life together before you steal a car from someone you don't like.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 05:57 AM
    A "Good" Person would feel remourse to stealing from others. A "Bad" person doesn't.

A "Good" person would go out and earn that $20. A "Bad" person thinks they are entitled to what other people work to earn.

Now look at it this way... suppose it was YOUR backpack that the $20 was stolen from... would you feel so smug then? Because its going to happen eventually. And you won't be able to complain because you did it to others.

It doesn't matter what the other girls are or aren't. IF you lower yourself to their standards... then you are no different than they are, and actually worse... they are what they are.. but YOU chose to toss aside any morals to be at their level with little thought on the matter.

If you want to believe yourself to be better than they are... then you have to hold yourself to higher standards of behaviour. Otherwise you are just deluding yourself.

No it isn't the easy way... but it's the right way. Eventually you might see the difference between them.

Unless you do... you will do worse things that can and might land you in jail (or Reform school). And THEN you get to be someone's (someone really bad) prison wife or slave.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Why did you choose the name "joyousfailure"?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:42 AM

I cannot imagine being in my teens, considering myself to be a failure (judging from the screen name), stealing to "get even" with people I don't like and having to post on a public forum in order to make myself feel better.

Sad indeed.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I cannot imagine being in my teens, considering myself to be a failure (judging from the screen name), stealing to "get even" with people I don't like and having to post on a public forum in order to make myself feel better.
    Hello Judy:

I can. People change.

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Judy:

I can. People change.

excon

You read me wrong - I meant that I can't imagine the pain this person is in.

I never meant this is the path to life-long criminal activity.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 10:20 AM

I never meant this is the path to life-long criminal activity.
    So true.

She can change. She can learn from this and be a better person. The choice is hers.

She has to see that justifying her behavior isn't going to work. There isn't any way to justify what she did. She stole, plain and simple. She thinks it's okay, it isn't. The girls are mean so she'll stoop to their level and be meaner. That's what it boils down to.

She's young. I hope she does learn from this mistake. I hope she realizes that a life of crime is not going to get even with the girls that treat her badly. The only person she's hurting is herself.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Hello again, Judy:

I understood what you were saying. You said that you couldn't imagine the pain... I said that I could. It was ME who added the part about people changing. I wasn't suggesting that you didn't think they could.

excon
    joyousfailure Posts: 15, Reputation: -1
    -

Dec 16, 2009, 02:36 PM

Woah woah woah-"You are not tough. You are not "Robin Hood"."

"yeah, she's proud of $20"

"You want to be a thief, be a thief. Don't go bragging on the internet about petty pilfering, though. When you get away with some large, we'll applaud."

WHERE did that all come from? I never said anything like that. How is it on one hand its "just 20 dollars", but on the other hand I'm robbing somebody of Christmas gifts, food for the week and a 20 they "worked their a$$ off for"? Get it straight. Enough hypothetical situations and double standards.
    -

Dec 16, 2009, 02:40 PM

"I cannot imagine being in my teens, considering myself to be a failure (judging from the screen name), stealing to "get even" with people I don't like and having to post on a public forum in order to make myself feel better.

Sad indeed."

I am not a sad case.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Woah woah woah-"You are not tough. You are not "Robin Hood"."

"yeah, she's proud of $20"

"You want to be a thief, be a thief. Don't go bragging on the internet about petty pilfering, though. When you get away with some large, we'll applaud."

WHERE did that all come from?! I never said anything like that. How is it on one hand its "just 20 dollars", but on the other hand I'm robbing somebody of Christmas gifts, food for the week and a 20 they "worked their a$$ off for"? Get it straight. Enough hypothetical situations and double standards.
    There is no "double standard".

You stole some money. That is a crime. You feel no remorse. You feel justified in taking from these people because they are mean and have plenty.

Am I right so far?

You come here asking if what you did makes you a bad person. You are now getting upset with the answers that you are being given.

Right is right. You are wrong in this instance. Why do you argue? Why won't you face the fact that the twenty dollars was not yours to take?

In your original post, you actually wanted credit for not taking more.

Is this the first time that you have stolen something?

What did these girls do to you that is so bad?
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 03:08 PM
    "I cannot imagine being in my teens, considering myself to be a failure (judging from the screen name), stealing to "get even" with people I don't like and having to post on a public forum in order to make myself feel better.

Sad indeed."

I am not a sad case.

That's where you are wrong - you are, indeed, a sad case.

You stole and need to post the whole story here both to get attention and to justify your actions. Most thieves just keep it to themselves - unless, of course, it's all about the attention.

Your user name says it all - you are a failure and you are happy about it. I think that's sad.

Yes, you are sad indeed from several standpoints.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:08 PM

The reason we're telling you all of these things Joy is the fact that you yourself told us them, and we're telling you why it's wrong. You can't be mad at us because you did the wrong thing, we weren't the ones who stole the money. It doesn't matter if it's "only' $20 or "only' $2. The amount doesn't justify what you did, if you keep heading down this path you're "only going to be taking $200 from that job you don't like anyway" and taking "$500 worth of stuff from that store that's overpriced anyway."

Your train of thought is WRONG, and quite frankly, pathetic and selfish. You can't expect us to just let you try to rationalize this behavior and not call you out on it.
    If we told you it was no big deal, exactly what would that make us? Just like you, we don't want to do that.
    -

Dec 16, 2009, 04:25 PM

I'm not mad at any answers- I'm mad about the assumptions being made. Really, when DID I say I was proud of anything. I didn't.

"pathetic and selfish."

What's selfish?

BTW I am not happy to be a failure. I pulled the name out of my head. I didn't put much thought into it at the time, but I guess it symbolizes the quick ups and downs people feel. From having such great joy to being knocked down with a feeling like failure as if someone pushed you over.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
    I'm not mad at any answers- I'm mad about the assumptions being made. Really, when DID I say I was proud of anything. I didn't.
    This statement completely contradicts the way you've been responding in your previous posts.

If you don't feel bad about about it, then what DO you feel?

Are you just getting mad at us because we're not telling you that what you did was okay?
    Or are you asking if you're a bad person because you DO feel remorse but you'd rather justify it rather than admitting it?
    You're not dealing with idiots here, we're not buying your bull. Come clean with your feelings if you think we're making assumptions. Prove us wrong, I dare you.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:45 PM

I'd like to know if you have stolen before please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad experience! [ 19 Answers ]

I am working for an ethnic newspaper, and am currently writing an article on skin lightening. Yes I know it is an exhausted topic, but I am really getting down to the nitty gritty! I want to know your experiences. The good, the bad and the ugly. Did you have fantastic results with a certain...

I was wondering is this bad and could it be heart related? [ 1 Answers ]

OK my blood pressure is 188/144 with chest pain and confusion and I am having headaches is this bad

How to tell if the boiler transformer is bad [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot light lit and replaced thermostat. Burner not firing on american standard boiler. How do I tell if the transformer is shot?

Man on road in bad condition [ 2 Answers ]

A man lying on road whom to contact so that he gets medication,

Can I sue someone who gave me a bad check to cash [ 3 Answers ]

I cashed a check for a friend through my bank account. Both checks came back nsf and overdrafted my accounts. This happened in the middle of August this year and he still hasn't made any effort to repay me. When it happened I asked him about it and found out he had stolen checks but he swore that...

View more questions Search